Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents & A New Design!

Notice anything different on my site? That’s right, Pumpkin ‘N Spice got a new and wonderfully improved face lift! It’s been almost two months in the making, and I am so excited to finally reveal it today! Sara from Moonsteam Design did such a fabulous job making my site look beautiful, clean, and more user-friendly! And one of my favorite parts is the new recipe index! It’s now a visual list (and drop-down, too), which I love! Take a moment to check it out and I’m sure you’ll love it, too. Sara is still tweaking a few things here and there, but it’s pretty much all set. Hooray! Ok, back to today’s recipe…

Sometimes you just gotta indulge a little in life. Whether it’s on a Sunday, Tuesday, a bad work day, or because of an argument with a friend, little indulgences often make us feel better. Within moderation, of course.

chocolate cookie butter croissant2 1024x768 Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents & A New Design!

Last weekend, I was in need of a little indulgence. Cookie butter indulgence, that is! I had half a jar just staring at me in my pantry, begging to be used (and not just from eating it with a spoon). Because I love this spread so much (see these recipes), I knew it was time to get reacquainted with this delicious spread. And because I had the it’s-almost-Monday-where-is-the-summer-going blahs, I knew I needed a little something special to lift my spirits. Which, by the way, can you believe it’s going to be August on Friday?! Where has the time gone?

chocolate cookie butter croissant10 1024x768 Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents & A New Design!

As I was poking around in my kitchen, I found a tube of crescent rolls. I bought them several weeks earlier to experiment with, because I’m not the biggest fan of plain ‘ole crescent rolls. I’ll eat them, but I always think of Thanksgiving and the Pilsbury commercials about who can grab the last crescent roll the fastest. See where I’m coming from? Anyways, after some searching through my pantry, I decided on the perfect cookie butter indulgence, Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents! Creamy cookie butter, layered on buttery crescent rolls and topped with chocolate chips, creates these decadent rolls. Perfect with a morning cup of coffee or as a mid-day snack, these little guys will keep your sweet-tooth satisfied all day long.

chocolate cookie butter croissant6 1024x768 Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents & A New Design!

Almost as easy as my Oreo Pudding Pops, these Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents only require four ingredients. That’s it! Which means you’re just minutes away from indulging in a warm roll, oozing with cookie butter, chocolatey goodness. Doesn’t get much better than that, my friends! One bite and I promise you’ll be hooked on these rolls. The melty chocolate and cookie butter combine to create a delicious cinnamon-chocolate spead, while the warm rolls envelope their flavors.

chocolate cookie butter croissant3 768x1024 Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents & A New Design!

Swoon!

Once these Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents have cooled off, feel free to pop ‘em back in the microwave for a few seconds to restore the melty cookie butter bliss.

chocolate cookie butter croissant7 1024x768 Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents & A New Design!

Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 8

Creamy cookie butter, layered on buttery crescent rolls and topped with chocolate chips creates these decadent Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents.

Ingredients

• 1 tube crescent rolls
  • 4 teaspoons cookie butter
  • 4 teaspoons chocolate chips.
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
  2. Unroll each crescent into eight triangles.
  3. On each triangle, top with ½ teaspoon of cookie butter, followed by ½ teaspoon of chocolate chips.
  4. Starting from the pointy side, roll up into a crescent.
  5. Sprinkle cinnamon over tops of rolls.
  6. Place on prepared baking tray and put into the oven.
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
  8. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes.
  9. Enjoy!

Notes

Chocolate Cookie Butter Crescents will keep covered on the counter for about one week.

To restore the melty inside of the crescent, microwave for about 10 seconds.

Lovely comments

• Gayle says

I have yet to make home-made croissants, but those are on my to-bake list, too! And these crescents are amazing with the cookie butter, Helen! I think I could eat these all day, everyday! :)

1. says

I love the new look, Gayle! It’s amazing! I need someone to give my blog a lift!
    This recipe is fabulous. I love that cookie butter. It’s irresistible as is, but then you added pastry. Genius!
    Mir recently posted…Magic Middle CookiesMy Profile

• Gayle says

Thanks, Mir! I highly recommend you look into Moonsteam design if that sounds appealing to you. Sara has done a bunch of blogs that look amazing, so I was so excited to be able to work with her! And thanks for the crescent compliments! These were delicious, and didn’t last long in my house!

2. says

I love the new design! It’s gorgeous. And these are like crescent rolls on steroids. Cookie butter is already amazing straight out of the jar, so adding it to crescents with chocolate and cinnamon is genius. I swear I’d have no control if I made these! I’d eat the whole batch! :)
    Katherine recently posted…Peanut Buttery Banana Bread!My Profile

• Gayle says

Ha ha I like your description, Katherine! These rolls definitely are on steroids, just oozing with cookie butter goodness! And I cannot be trusted around a jar of cookie butter. At all. It’s my kryptonite! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

• Gayle says

I love easy recipes too, and this one is so simple to whip up. And who can resist cookie butter?! Thanks for the design compliments, too! I’m so happy with how it turned out!

• Gayle says

Definitely a relief, Izzy! My new design was definitely worth the wait. I feel like it looks so much better than the old one. And you must try cookie butter if you get the chance! I feel like I’ve made so many different recipes with it…the main reason being that I didn’t want to eat the whole jar with just my spoon! :)

• Gayle says

Ha ha, Christmas is sort of just around the corner, although I’m trying not to think about that. I hope summer lasts well into September (and maybe October) this year! :) These rolls would be perfect for Christmas morning breakfast. Thanks so much for stopping by!

3. says

Beautiful new design Gayle! Congrats. It looks great =)
    And yes, like is stressful, you’re right, August already? Yikes! A little chocolatey gooey crescent roll bliss might solve the problem…well, at least for 10 minutes, ha! Indulgences are so necessary sometimes, you can’t eat healthy all the time, you’ll go insane (I tried for a few months so I know).

I love the plate you used too, delectable, delicious!
    Laura recently posted…Cooking With RosemaryMy Profile

• Gayle says

Thanks, Laura! I am very happy with how my new design turned out! And I agree…everyone needs a little indulgence every now and then, and these rolls are the perfect food to help with that.

4. says

1) I LOVE it Gayle! That is so exciting! I really like your new header and how it doesn’t take up as much space (my problem right now) I’m going to have to get on it asap as I’ve seen several re do’s by Moonsteam Designs and loved them!
    2) Oh my goodness, where did June go?! I am so in denial. Please, don’t tell me summer is almost over.
    3) These crescents. You are an evil genius sometimes. Cookie butter and chocolate? Good byyyyye self control!
    Mary Frances recently posted…Caramel Toffee Chocolate BlondiesMy Profile

• Gayle says

Thanks so much, Mary Frances! I was so excited to work with Moonsteam Designs. Several of the blogs I read have used Sara before, so it was almost a no-brainer to go with her. I highly recommend checking Moonsteam out! And my new (smaller) header is one of my favorite aspects, too…looks so much nicer!

I’m trying to ignore the fact that all the back-to-school stuff has been out for over a month (yikes) and that we are almost in August. But these cookie butter crescents help me forget about that for just a little bit! :)

• Gayle says

Chocolate and cookie butter make the best dessert, Medha! And since this is rolled in crescents, it could work for breakfast, too! At least in my opinion! :)

• Gayle says

Thanks so much, Bri! These crescents are definitely goeey…especially when warmed up in the microwave. Makes for a great breakfast, too!

5. says

Ohhhh your making me miss crescent rolls soooo much!! These look soo good! I could totally eat this for breakfast! And I really love your new design! I have seriously been considering a few changes for my site but it seems like such a big undertaking, I didn’t know where to start. Maybe I will look into the girl you used because she did a great job!
    Annie @Maebells recently posted…Italian Meatballs with Ricotta and BasilMy Profile

• Gayle says

Too bad they don’t make gluten-free crescents, Annie! Unless they do, and I’m just not aware of that. :) And thanks so much for the design compliments! I’m so happy with how everything turned out. I highly recommend looking into Moonsteam! Sara is great to work with and she will ask you a bunch of questions to get an idea of how you want to format your site. She also installs everything for you, so you don’t have to worry about formatting things, etc. It was so fun to watch the progress being made on it that I couldn’t wait to reveal it! :)

6. says

My goodness, these look fabulous! And I must tell you: inspired by your cookie butter mug cake recipe, I had a friend pick up some cookie butter from Trader Joe’s for me a few weeks back. I have yet to make anything with it, but my husband and I have definitely enjoyed eating it with a spoon! Holy cow, it’s amazing. I’ve totally been missing out. And I’m definitely going to try these crescents!
    Meg recently posted…Closet concentrationMy Profile

• Gayle says

I’m so glad I could inspire you, Meg! I was afraid people would get tired of my cookie butter recipes, but it’s just too good not to bake with (plus it helps me not eat all of it straight from the jar). I hope you love these crescents if you try them!

7. says

Hello gorgeous! The new site looks great! I *love* Sara! She did my site too! Doesn’t having a new, pretty site just make you the happiest girl in the world? Makes your recipes look even more appetizing somehow.

This chocolate cookie butter crescent rolls sound delicious! Like an easy, peasy chocolate stuffed croissant. Yum!
    Natalie @ Tastes Lovely recently posted…Five Things for FridayMy Profile

• Gayle says

Thanks, Natalie! I think I actually found Sara from your site! I loved your design and debated on updating my site until I finally took the plunge. I am so happy with how it turned out! Just looks so much better! And these crescents are super easy, which means I’ve made them more than once and devoured them…:)

• Gayle says

Thanks so much, Denise! I am not techy savvy at all, so I loved working with Moonsteam. I told Sara what I wanted, and she installed everything! :) And thanks so much for the crescent love! I love how easy these are to make, too!

8. says

Love the new look here – looks so pretty!

And these crescents – oh goodness. Cookie butter is my worst enemy and by worst enemy I mean I love it so much, please keep it away from me, please give it to me! These look AMAZING.

• Gayle says

I know what you mean, Pamela! Isn’t cookie butter the most addicting spread (next to pb)? I’ve eaten so much with just my spoon! :) But these crescents helped me use the cookie butter in an actual recipe!

9. says

I love the new look of your blog, Gayle! I also love these! I wish I could get my hands on some cookie butter, but I have an alternative that would probably work for these. I love crescent rolls too, pinning!
    Danielle recently posted…Cinnamon Raisin GranolaMy Profile

• Gayle says

Thanks for the kind words and the pin, Danielle! I would love to know what you would use in place of this, I’m sure it’s amazing! And I think this would work just as well with Nutella or peanut butter…oh the possibilities! :)

• Gayle says

I like your description, Michele! These are definitely sinful and addicting! I’m so glad you found cookie butter too…isn’t it just the best?!

• Gayle says

Thanks, Jessica! I’m so happy with how it turned out! And thanks so much for the pin. These crescents are so easy to whip up, I’m sure you’ll love them!

• Gayle says

Thanks, Kathy! These crescents are full of chocolatey-cookie butter goodness. Definitely the best way to eat a crescent!

• Gayle says

Ha ha…definitely swoon-worthy, right? These babies were gone in a matter of days, so delicious and addicting!

• Gayle says

Thanks, Sarah! Does’t she do a wonderful job? I love the looks of your blog, too! And thanks for the crescent compliments!

• Gayle says

Thanks for the kind words, Meghan! I loved these stuffed crescents so much, I’m going to have to create more mix-ins to play around with, it’s just so delicious! :)

• Gayle says

Thanks, Sarah! I love your site, too! Sara did such a wonderful job, I’m very happy with how it all looks! :) Aren’t these the best? Stuffed crescents are the ultimate treat!

• Gayle says

Oh man, summer is for sure flying by! I want it to be fall, but not winter! And hooray to four ingredients recipes…these really are such an easy and indulgent treat!

10. says

The new site looks amazing! And these crescents are calling my name..way to jazz up a boring crescent. Pinning so I can make for a rainy day of my own :-)

• Gayle says

Thanks, Katie! And these definitely make plain ‘ole crescents a lot more fun. Thanks so much for the pin!

• Gayle says

I think you would love these crescents then, Polly! Stuffed full of cookie butter, what’s not to love?! Thanks for stopping by!

• Gayle says

Thanks so much, Anna! These crescents definitely make up for the fact that the year is flying by way too fast!