It’s no secret that the hubster and I love going out for Mexican food. The atmosphere, tasty chips and salsa, and delicious frozen strawberry margaritas seem to lure us to our favorite spot once a month. It’s a meal that we always look forward to when the mood strikes. So when the hubster and I both got out of work early last Friday, it was a no-brainer…we headed to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. We chatted over chips and salsa and leisurely ate our entrees. It definitely hit the spot!
With fresh tomatoes and just the right amount of seasonings, this Restaurant Style Salsa will wow your taste buds!
10 minPrep Time
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice (I used basil, oregano, and garlic seasoned tomatoes)
- 2 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Half red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeds scraped out (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a blender, combine the diced tomatoes, roma tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno (if using), cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until reaches desired consistency.
- Adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or refridgerate until ready to serve.
Salsa will keep in the refridgerator for up to five days. If you do not like hot flavored salsa, feel free to omit jalapenos.