It’s no secret that I like fruit. Peaches, strawberries, raspberries…they’ve all made their way onto my blog for some delicious recipes this summer. I love baking with fresh fruit anytime of the year, but during the summer, it’s a must for me. Since I visit my local farmer’s market just about every weekend, I have no excuse as to why I can’t bake with some ripe and delicious produce.
Yields 12 slices
Fresh blueberries and creamy blueberry yogurt give this Blueberry Yogurt Cake a deliciously moist texture, full of blueberry flavor.
10 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 (5.3 oz) containers blueberry Greek yogurt
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with a fitted attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and egg white, one at a time.
- Mix in lemon juice.and vanilla extract.
- Alternate beating in the flour mixture and yogurt until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes in pan, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cake will keep in an airtight container for up to one week, due to the moisture from the yogurt.
For less blueberry flavor, feel free to use plain or vanilla Greek yogurt instead of blueberry yogurt.