Spring is finally here, warm weather is on its way, and we’re nearing the end of March. Who’s excited? While the winter was somewhat brutal for us Midwesterners, it wasn’t as bad as last year. But even so, I’m ready to put all thoughts of the cold weather behind me and think of all the fun in the sun that will soon begin.
Easter marks the unofficial start of the season for me. When I was little, my brother and I would visit the Easter bunny and then wake up on Sunday morning to find our plastic eggs and baskets that were hidden around the house. We eagerly dove into our baskets, pulling out candy and small gifts. And as we headed out in the afternoon to spend time with our families, the warm weather and sunshine reminded me that spring was in full bloom.
So with spring now upon us and Easter being less than a week away , I thought I would bring you an easy and delicious snack that just screams sunshine! This Spring Snack Mix is filled with white chocolate popcorn, mini pretzels, white chocolate and peanut M&Ms, jelly beans, and mini Golden Oreo Cookies. It’s the perfect amount of crunch combined with just the right amount of sweetness.
This Spring Snack Mix is perfect to taking to parties or get-togethers over the holiday weekend. And because it takes just minutes to whip up, you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time soaking up the sunshine.
This treat is so versatile, so you can add in whatever mix-ins tickles your fancy. After making this candy cane popcorn in December, I’m officially hooked on white chocolate popcorn. And it’s so easy to make! I like to use Ghirardeli White Chocolate Melting Wafers because of how easy and smooth it turns out, but white chocolate chips or Candiquik work just as well.
Simply melt the chocolate in the microwave and then pour over the popcorn and pretzels. Spread out the mixture on some parchment paper and then it harden. Once the popcorn and pretzels are ready, throw into a bowl, add in some white chocolate M&Ms (have you tried those yet? Delish!) and peanut M&Ms, followed by some jelly beans and Oreos.
This Spring Snack Mix has a little something for everyone, with the sweet M&Ms and jelly beans, along with the salty popcorn and pretzels. It’s a snack that’s guaranteed to be a new favorite this spring!
Looking for more easy snack ideas? Then I’ve got you covered!
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
- Whipped Garlic Hummus with Parmesan Tortilla Chips
- Pepperoni Bruschetta
Yields 10 servings
This Spring Snack Mix is the perfect amount of crunch combined with just the right amount of sweetness.
10 minPrep Time
- 8 cups popcorn, popped
- 3 cups pretzels
- 10 ounces white chocolate wafers (I used Ghirardelli brand) or white chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate M&Ms
- 1 cup peanut M&Ms
- 1 cup jelly beans
- 2 cups mini Golden Oreos
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour popcorn and pretzels into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt white chocolate wafers in microwave on medium power for about 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth, remove from microwave.
- Pour white chocolate over popcorn mixture and lightly toss to coat.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto prepared tray and let sit for 20 minutes, or until chocolate has hardened.
- Using a spoon, break up mixture into small chunks. Pour into a large bowl and add M&Ms, jelly beans, and mini Oreos.