Yields 2 bowls
This Honey Garlic Shrimp and Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl is packed with tender shrimp, seasoned with a sweet honey garlic sauce and nestled on top of zesty cilantro lime rice. It's ready in less than 30 minutes and bursting with flavor!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of one lime
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- To prepare the rice, bring water to a boil in a medium pot. Add the rice, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Remove cover and fluff rice with a fork.
- Add cilantro, salt, garlic powder, and lime juice. Lightly stir to combine. Set aside.
- To make the shrimp, combine the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, soy saice, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp and lightly toss to coat.
- Pour shrimp mixture into a large skillet. Sear shrimp until browned and opaque, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet. Top cilantro lime rice with shrimp and drizzle with extra sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately.