Green Smoothie Bowl
This Green Smoothie Bowl is the perfect way to jump start your mornings. Filled with bananas, kiwi, mango and spinach, this healthy bowl is packed with protein and nutrition. You can eat your morning smoothie and start out the day in a delicious way!
Something strange has happened to me over the past few weeks. I’m still trying to wrap my head around this one. Ready for it?
I think I lost my love for coffee. At least temporarily. And I’m not entirely sure why…
Let me explain a little better. Coffee and I go way back. Well, not waaay back, but I’ve been drinking it on a regular basis for the past eight years or so. And when I started to blog full-time last summer, that’s when my coffee cravings really kicked in. I would have a cup (or two) every day, and eagerly looked forward to it.
I loved buying new flavors of coffee for my Keurig and trying the newest flavored coffee creamer. Cozying up with a steaming mug of joe was my happy time.
But, over the past few weeks, that craving has diminished. I’ve still had some coffee here and there, but not every day, and I don’t crave it like I used to. Instead, I crave tea, and lots of it.
And that’s strange to me, because although I’ve always liked tea, I would choose coffee over it any day. But not anymore. Now, I eagerly look forward to my morning cup of tea, as well as one at night to help me unwind.
I’m chalking up this new change of drink to the fact that the weather is freezing here (it’s been in the negative temps lately) and that tea can really warm me up with its robust flavor. It’s also a bit healthier than coffee, since I always add a lot of cream.
Lipton Tea is my go-to drink of choice. With their green tea, along with the new black and herbal varieties, they give you a bold tea experience, filled with flavor. Their teas have renewed my love for this drink.
If you like green tea, then you’ll love the light and fresh taste of Lipton, as well as the delicious aroma. Their Purple Acai Blueberry Tea is a favorite of mine. It’s refreshing and and uplifting with every sip you take!
This Banana Kiwi Green Smoothie Bowl is the perfect way to jump start your mornings. Filled with bananas, kiwi, mango and spinach, this healthy bowl is packed with protein and nutrition. You can eat your morning smoothie and start out the day in a delicious way!
I’ve made a smoothie bowl once before, and it was definitely time to do it again. I love “eating” my smoothie with a spoon. It’s more fun and more filling, especially with the toppings. It’s also a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.
This Banana Kiwi Green Smoothie Bowl makes the most delicious breakfast. It contains a thick and creamy texture that will leave you full and satisfied all morning long.
Ingredients in a Green Smoothie Bowl
This easy smoothie bowl recipe has a simple ingredients list:
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Almond milk
How to Make a Green Smoothie Bowl
Like most of my recipes, this smoothie bowl is a breeze to whip up. Simply combine some frozen banana slices, kiwi, frozen mango chunks, spinach, almond milk and Greek yogurt into a blender. Then, blend away until it reaches your desired consistency, and then pour into a bowl.
This Banana Kiwi Green Smoothie Bowl makes a sweet and nutritious power breakfast to start out the day. Easy to whip and so full of flavor, you’ll be making this breakfast over and over again!
My Favorite Smoothie Bowl Toppings
Here comes the fun part: the toppings! I chose to top this smoothie bowl with some banana slices, kiwi, strawberries, and granola. But feel free to add on whatever you want!
Tips for Making a Thick Smoothie Bowl
- Make sure your banana has been pre-sliced and frozen and use frozen mango too. Using a combination of frozen and fresh fruit results in an ultra thick and creamy smoothie bowl!
- I used fresh spinach to make this healthy green smoothie bowl recipe, but you can use another neutral flavored green, if desired.
- If you only have plain yogurt on hand, add a splash of vanilla extract or vanilla paste to the blender.
Looking for more easy smoothie bowl recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Banana Nut Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Apple Cinnamon Smoothie Bowl
- Blueberries & Cream Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk, (or milk of choice)
- banana slices
- kiwi slices
- In the canister of a blender, combine the bananas, mango, kiwi, spinach, Greek yogurt, and almond milk. Blend until mixture reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with bananas, kiwi, strawberries, granola, or any of your favorite fruits.