This Blueberry Lemonade is sweet, tangy, and made with fresh blueberries and ripe lemons. It’s the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day!
The sun is shining, the humidity is blasting, and I’m holed up in the air conditioning. I love the heat and will gladly take it over the freezing cold weather and snow any day of the week, but the humidity is what gets to me. We normally have blazing hot summers in Chicago, but this year it’s been a little unpredictable. Rainy and cool, followed by a 90 degree day and 200% humidity.
Yields 8-10 glasses
This Blueberry Lemonade is sweet, tangy, and made with fresh blueberries and ripe lemons. It's the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice from about 6-7 lemons)
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup blueberry syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil.
- Boil the mixture for about 5-7 minutes , or until the blueberries break down.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Strain the blueberries through a sieve to remove any chunks.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- To make the lemonade, stir together the lemon juice, water, and chilled blueberry syrup.
- Serve over ice or refrigerate until ready to serve.