This Blueberry Lemonade is sweet, tangy, and made with fresh blueberries and ripe lemons. It’s the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day!
If you love fresh squeezed lemonade, then you’ll adore this sweet and tasty blueberry lemonade. It’s made with a simple blueberry syrup and combined with a mixture of lemon juice, water, and sugar.
With just four ingredients, you can’t go wrong with this refreshing drink. One sip of this blueberry lemonade and I was officially a lemonade convert.
The sweet blueberries, combined with the tart lemons produce a flavor that is irresistibly delicious.
And because you can control the amount of sugar that goes in this drink, you can feel good about serving this at parties or keeping it all to yourself.
Blueberry Lemonade Ingredients
Dare I say this is the best homemade lemonade recipe? I think I do! Here’s what you’ll need to make this fresh lemonade recipe:
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
How to Make Blueberry Lemonade
The steps for making this easy blueberry lemonade recipe are simple:
- Make the blueberry syrup, then refrigerate until chilled.
- Once chilled, stir together the syrup, lemon juice, and water.
- Serve over ice or refrigerate until ready to serve.
How Long Does Homemade Lemonade Last?
This homemade blueberry lemonade should last up to 1 week in the fridge.
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries?
Technically, yes. However, fresh blueberries are typically much sweeter and I prefer using them in blueberry lemonade.
Can This Recipe Be Made in Advance?
Yes! The entire batch of lemonade can be made up to 1 week in advance, or you can make the blueberry syrup a few days before finishing the batch of lemonade.
Tips for Making Blueberry Lemonade
- Be sure to strain the blueberry syrup before stirring it into the lemonade mixture. Straining the syrup removes any chunks or pieces of skin that haven’t broken down.
- You MUST use freshly squeezed lemon juice for this blueberry lemonade recipe. The bottled stuff doesn’t taste as fresh.
- I bet you could also serve this fresh lemonade over a mixture of frozen blueberries and ice. It’d be a cute way to let guests know what makes the lemonade such a fun color!
Recipe Variations to Try
This is a super simple lemonade recipe, so feel free to customize it to your liking. Here are a few ways to jazz up this blueberry lemonade recipe:
- Add rum or vodka: Flavored or regular vodka would work well to make an adult-only beverage.
- Add lavender: Be careful not to add too much, as it’s a potent ingredient.
- Add fresh herbs: Fresh basil or mint work well in lemonade.
- Use different berries: I love pairing sweet blueberries with tart lemonade, but pretty much any berry or berry blend will work.
- Use Meyer lemons: They’re similar to regular lemons, but add a slightly different flavor profile to your lemonade.
Looking for more summer drink ideas? I’ve got you covered!
- Frozen Mango Lemonade
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Peach Smoothie
- Berry Cherry Wine Slushies
- Salted Caramel Almond Iced Coffee
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice from about 6-7 lemons)
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup blueberry syrup recipe below
Make blueberry syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture for about 5-7 minutes , or until the blueberries break down.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Strain the blueberries through a sieve to remove any chunks. Refrigerate blueberry syrup until chilled.
- To make the lemonade, stir together the lemon juice, water, and chilled blueberry syrup. Serve over ice or refrigerate until ready to serve.