Jam-packed with hearty oats, bananas, dried cherries and chocolate chips, these Chocolate Cherry Banana Breakfast Cookies are a healthy, one-bowl treat. They bake up crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and are full of healthy ingredients. If you love eating dessert for breakfast, then these cookies were made for you!
These breakfast cookies. I’m not even going to tell you how many times I attempted this recipe before I perfected it.
Ok, seven times. Seven! For a stinkin’ breakfast cookie!
I was on a mission to create a healthy, yet decadent breakfast cookie with just the right amount of crunch and chewy middle. For some reason, it took me multiple tries to get this recipe right.
And you would think that simple ingredients, like oats, bananas, coconut oil, and chocolate would be easy to mesh into one. For some, yes, for me, not so much. The texture was either too wet, too dry, not flavorful enough, etc.
But not to worry, I finally got these Chocolate Cherry Banana Breakfast Cookies under control and came up with the most deliciously sweet and healthy treat.
Jam-packed with hearty oats, bananas, dried cherries and chocolate chips, these Chocolate Cherry Banana Breakfast cookies are a healthy, one-bowl treat. They bake up crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and are full of healthy ingredients. If you love eating dessert for breakfast, then these cookies were made for you!
And let me tell you, cookies for breakfast never tasted so good! Especially these Chocolate Cherry Banana Breakfast Cookies.
We all know that chocolate and bananas make a delicious combo, but when you add in some dried cherries, the flavor becomes even better. The ingredients mesh together to create a treat that seems decadent, but is secretly healthy. And you just can’t go wrong with that!
Now that I’ve finally perfect this cookie (did I mention that it took seven times?!), I think you’ll love them just as much as I do.
These Chocolate Cherry Banana Breakfast Cookies are made in one bow, with minimal prep work. And that means you can have this treat prepped, baked, and ready to be devoured in less than a half hour. Now how about them cookies?
Filled with protein, fruit, and chocolate, these cookies will be your new favorite way to eat breakfast!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Blueberry Lemon French Toast Bake
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
Chocolate Cherry Banana Breakfast Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed banana, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Stir in the oats, cinnamon, salt, and flour. Gently fold in the dried cherries and chocolate chips.
- Shape mixture into balls and lightly flatten the tops with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the cookies turn golden and are firm. Remove from oven and let cool completely.