Have you ever walked into something, say the corner of a dresser or table, hobbled away in pain, and discovered a bruise there days later? And once you find that lovely black and blue mark, can’t remember for the life of you how it got there? Yep, that’s happened to me more times than I care to admit. I’m not necessarily the clumsiest person around, but I have a habit of walking into things all the time. Please tell me this happens to you, too, so that I won’t feel so bad…
Just last week, I discovered a bruise on the top of my forearm. My forearm! How does that even happen? After thinking mighty hard about it, I came to the conclusion that I must’ve knocked my arm into the door frame of my closet. That’s it…door frame. Or was it? The hubster occasionally pokes fun at the fact that I can walk into the wall going up the stairs, or trip on our kitchen floor when nothing is in the way. Who me? Never! Guess it’s just part of my charm, right?
While I am trying to make a conscious effort to be more aware of my surroundings, one thing that I am also working on is to perfect my brownie-making abilities. Call me crazy, but I’ve only made brownies a handful of times before. I could attribute that to the fact that I never really cared for brownies much growing up (I know, what’s with me?), but now, I have no excuse. Brownies and I have formed a deep bond, one that will last forever. They have forgiven me for ignoring them in the past. Ok, I’ll stop with the brownie talk now. But guys, I really love brownies.
And because I also love caramel (we’re sorta best buds), what better way to combine the two than to make Caramel Fudge Brownies?
These brownies aren’t just regular ‘ole brownies…no siree-bob! They’re decadently rich, fudgy, chewy, and moist. Plus filled with ooey-goeey caramel. Am I intriguing you yet? And best of all (you guessed it), they’re so easy to make! I used a fudge brownie box mix for the base and caramel squares and chocolate chips for the filling. Easy peasy!
These little beauties are highly addictive and highly delicious. I would suggest baking these Caramel Fudge Brownies and then giving them away as fast as you possibly can, because you will end up devouring the entire batch in about two days. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Rich chocolate and creamy caramel will take your taste buds to a new level with these Caramel Fudge Brownies.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
- 1 box (family size to fit 13X9 pan) fudge brownie mix
- 11 ounce bag Kraft caramel bits
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13x9 cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brownie mix according to the packaged directions.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly under-baked. Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the caramel bits and heavy cream.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes, or until melted. Be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds so that caramel doesn't burn.
- Once caramel is smooth, pour over the baked brownie mix. Spread with a spatula to ensure that the entire layer is covered with caramel.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of caramel layer.
- Top the caramel layer with the rest of the brownie batter. Spread with a spatula so that caramel layer is covered.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until brownies are done and the top springs back lightly when touched.
The tooth pick test won’t work for these brownies, as the caramel layer will remain gooey. Be sure to keep a watchful eye on brownies, as you don’t want to over bake them.