These Caramel Fudge Brownies are decadently rich, fudgy, chewy, and moist. Filled with caramel on the inside, they’re perfect for holiday baking or just when you want a sweet treat. Plus they’re so easy to make, they’ll become your go-to dessert recipe!
Have you ever walked into something, say the corner of a dresser or table, hobbled away in pain, and discovered a bruise there days later? And once you find that lovely black and blue mark, can’t remember for the life of you how it got there? Yep, that’s happened to me more times than I care to admit. I’m not necessarily the clumsiest person around, but I have a habit of walking into things all the time. Please tell me this happens to you, too, so that I won’t feel so bad…
Just last week, I discovered a bruise on the top of my forearm. My forearm! How does that even happen? After thinking mighty hard about it, I came to the conclusion that I must’ve knocked my arm into the door frame of my closet. That’s it…door frame. Or was it? The hubster occasionally pokes fun at the fact that I can walk into the wall going up the stairs, or trip on our kitchen floor when nothing is in the way. Who me? Never! Guess it’s just part of my charm, right?
While I am trying to make a conscious effort to be more aware of my surroundings, one thing that I am also working on is to perfect my brownie-making abilities. Call me crazy, but I’ve only made brownies a handful of times before. I could attribute that to the fact that I never really cared for brownies much growing up (I know, what’s with me?), but now, I have no excuse. Brownies and I have formed a deep bond, one that will last forever. They have forgiven me for ignoring them in the past. Ok, I’ll stop with the brownie talk now. But guys, I really love brownies.
And because I also love caramel (we’re sorta best buds), what better way to combine the two than to make Caramel Fudge Brownies?
These brownies aren’t just regular ‘ole brownies…no siree-bob! They’re fudgy and chewy, plus filled with ooey-goeey caramel. Am I intriguing you yet? And best of all (you guessed it), this is SUCH an easy brownie recipe! I used a fudge brownie box mix for the base and caramel squares and chocolate chips for the filling. Easy peasy!
What Makes These Caramel Fudge Brownies So Great
- They’re so easy to make! Just four ingredients, one of which is a brownie mix. So simple!
- These caramel brownies are chewy and chocolatey, and oh-so-delicious!
- They’re super versatile – add in nuts, different types of chips, whatever you want!
- Be sure to spray non-stick cooking spray on the bottom and sides of the pan as the brownies will be sticky.
- If you don’t have cooking spray, you can drizzle a little oil in the pan and spread it around with your fingers. Be sure to use an oil that doesn’t have much flavor, like canola, vegetable, or avocado oil.
- Don’t skip stirring the caramel sauce and heavy cream as they heat up! If you don’t stir every 30 seconds or so, it will start to burn.
- Add some chopped nuts into the filling to give these brownies a little crunch! Try 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- To add a little extra flavor, try different types of chips – toffee, peanut butter, or white chocolate would be yummy!
- Personalize these brownies by cutting them out with different cookie cutter shapes – hearts for Valentine’s Day, bats for Halloween – so many possibilities!
These little beauties are highly addictive and highly delicious. I would suggest baking these Caramel Fudge Brownies and then giving them away as fast as you possibly can, because you will end up devouring the entire batch in about two days. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
How To Make Caramel Fudge Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly under-baked. Remove from over to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the caramel bits and heavy cream.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes, or until melted. Be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds so that the caramel doesn’t burn.
- Once the caramel is smooth, pour it over the baked brownie mix. Spread it with a spatula to ensure that the entire layer is covered with caramel.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the caramel layer, then top it with the rest of the brownie batter. Spread the batter with a spatula so that the caramel layer is covered.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until brownies are done and the top springs back lightly when touched. Let cool, then serve. Enjoy!
looking for more brownie recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Frosted Peppermint Brownies
- Raspberry Brownie Parfaits
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Brownie Bites with Nutella Frosting
did you make and love this recipe? give it your review below and make sure to follow along with me on facebook and instagram to get other great recipe ideas!
Caramel Fudge Brownies
- 1 box (family size) fudge brownie mix
- 11 ounce bag caramel bits
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9 cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brownie mix according to the packaged directions. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly under-baked. Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the caramel bits and heavy cream. Microwave for about 2 minutes, or until melted. Be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds so that caramel doesn't burn.
- Once caramel is smooth, pour over the baked brownie mix. Spread with a spatula to ensure that the entire layer is covered with caramel. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of caramel layer.
- Top the caramel layer with the rest of the brownie batter. Spread with a spatula so that caramel layer is covered.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until brownies are done and the top springs back lightly when touched.