Pumpkin is not just for dessert anymore! Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake is full of rigatoni noodles, covered in creamy pumpkin mixture, and enveloped with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. Creamy, comforting and the perfect fall dinner!
I’m a pasta kind of girl.
Whenever I’m in search of a dinner idea or want to create something fresh, my mind immediately jumps to pasta. And while I don’t eat it all the time, it’s a dish that I truly adore. So many endless combinations of noodles, sauces, veggies, and proteins that can make this dish an award-winning meal for me.
So naturally, since I just can’t get enough of pumpkin, I decided to create a pumpkin pasta dish. And believe it or not, I’ve never had pumpkin in pasta before! Well, friends, I came up with the most perfect, cheesy, pumpkin-y pasta, full of flavor that will warm your tummy.
So say hello to this Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake!
The name just about says it all.
Rigatoni noodles, covered in creamy pumpkin mixture, and enveloped with ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses, creates this delectable dish. Perfect for lunch, dinner, or anytime in between, you’ll love the cozy fall flavors that emerge from this pasta.
And like most of my recipes, this Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake is fairly simple to make.
To give this pasta some flavor, I sautéed some onions and garlic in a skillet until tender and fragrant. I then whisked in some spices, pumpkin puree, ricotta and Parmesan cheese, and milk.
Combine everything together, spread in a casserole dish, and layer with some mozzarella cheese. Pop it in the oven, and your just minutes away from pure pumpkin-y, cheesy goodness.
As soon as this Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake came out of the oven, I was ready to dig in. And this pasta did not disappoint! The spices give the creamy pumpkin mixture some flavor, while the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses gives it the perfect amount of gooeyness. One bite and I knew I created a winner!
Full of flavor and the perfect comfort food for the fall, this Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake will quickly become your new favorite dish!
Looking for more pasta recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Rigatoni noodles, covered in creamy pumpkin mixture, and enveloped with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, creates this delectable Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake.
30 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 cups pasta (I used mini rigatoni, but any kind will do)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add butter to large skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, add garlic and onion. Sautee for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add nutmeg, thyme, and salt to onion mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and milk.
- Cook on medium low heat for 3-4 minutes and then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss to combine.
- Pour pasta mixture into baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.