These Chocolate Covered Potato Chips are the perfect combination of sweet and salty to satisfy your sweet tooth!
So I’m sure you know by now that I’m all about easy recipes.
Simple, yet delicious dishes that don’t involve too much prep work, yet still taste like you spent all day in the kitchen. Every once in a while I might sneak in a more time consuming dish (like my Overnight Cinnamon Rolls….totally worth the prep work), but for the most part, I like to keep it simple. After all, that’s what my blog is all about and that might just be why you’re reading along right now!
Well, today’s creation couldn’t get any easier. Not even one tiny bit. I shouldn’t even call this a recipe, as it’s really not.
But, after I had the idea to make these Chocolate Covered Potato Chips, I was literally dancing with excitement. The hubster probably thought I was crazy, but good ideas are worth the excitement, right?
Although I have a special place in my heart for sweets, I do love the salty snacks just a little bit more. But give me something that combines the two and I’m one happy girl. And since I often crave something salty and sweet, these Chocolate Covered Potato Chips were the perfect solution!
Potato chips and chocolate.
Could the ingredients get any better than that? I chose to use wavy potato chips and Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers to dip them into.
I didn’t get fancy and swirl in some white chocolate or caramel (though you could definitely do that). Instead, I went for the easy peasy route and simply dunked the chips halfway into the melted chocolate and then let them set on parchment paper.
Within minutes, these Chocolate Covered Potato Chips will be ready to devour.
The salty and crunchy chips pair so perfectly with the dark chocolate. One bite and you’ll be munchin’ on this bowl whenever your sweet and salty cravings strike!
Looking for more snack recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
- 1 (10 ounce) bag wavy potato chips
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers or dark chocolate chips
- Line three baking trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt dark wafers in the microwave until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds so it doesn't burn.
- Remove bowl from microwave and dip chips halfway into chocolate. Place on parchment paper to set. Repeat with rest of chips.
- Once chocolate is hardened, serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature.