This Cranberry Coffee Cake is fluffy, moist, and swirled with sweet cranberries. Easy to make, full of flavor, and great for using up any leftover cranberry sauce from the holidays!
Now that December is almost here, I can start sharing my holiday goodies with you that I’ve been testing since October! And this Cranberry Coffee Cake is just a little sneak peek of what’s to come during the rest of the season.
If you’re anything like me, cranberry (along with peppermint and gingerbread) are a must during the holidays.
This cranberry sauce coffee cake is fluffy, moist, and swirled with sweet cranberries. Easy to make and full of flavor, this treat makes the perfect breakfast or dessert for the holiday season!
For me, decadent treats like this during the holidays are needed to cope with the endless shopping, wrapping of gifts, and just for enjoying around the Christmas tree. Since I love my fair share of baked goods, I only turn to quality ingredients that I can trust.
Which is why Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour is a staple ingredient in my kitchen. It’s made from organic hard red wheat and not enriched with any additives.
This flour is used by professional bakers and makes light and fluffy baked goods. By using this flour, you can feel good about what you’re baking in the kitchen and feeding to your loved ones.
One bite of this Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake and you’ll have found your new favorite holiday treat. Serve a slice alongside your morning cup of coffee or as an after-dinner treat.
The moist, sweet cake pairs perfectly with the tangy cranberries, making this a decadently delicious treat for the holidays.
So if you’re in the mood for a cranberry-filled cake, then this cranberry coffee cake recipe was meant for you! Made with Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour, you can feel good about whipping up this dessert for the holiday season.
Ingredients in Cranberry Coffee Cake
If you’re unsure what to do with the leftover cranberry sauce that’s been hanging out in the fridge since Thanksgiving, make this coffee cake! Keeping leftover cranberry sauce recipes like this one on hand make it easy to repurpose leftovers, not to mention reduce holiday food waste!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the coffee cake:
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- Baking powder
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- Cranberry sauce
- Lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make Cranberry Coffee Cake
Like most of my recipes, this cranberry coffee cake recipe is simple to prepare.
- The batter starts with some softened butter and sugar.
- After creaming together until fluffy, you’ll add in three eggs, followed by Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Once the batter is complete, you’ll spread that into a baking dish and swirl with cranberry sauce.
- Pop the coffee cake into the oven and let your house fill with the delicious aroma of the coffee cake.
Can This Recipe Be Halved?
Yes, very easily! Just halve the ingredients and bake the coffee cake in an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch pan (note that the bake time may need to be increased slightly if using an 8×8).
Can You Freeze Coffee Cake?
Yes, let the cranberry coffee cake cool to room temperature and then wrap in a layer of plastic wrap. Then, seal it in a freezer bag and freeze up to three months.
When ready to enjoy, set on the counter to thaw.
Note that you can freeze individual slices of coffee cake or the entire pan (if it’s in a freezer-safe baking dish).
Tips for the Best Coffee Cake
- You can use canned or homemade cranberry sauce in this recipe. This would be a great recipe to make if you have leftover cranberry sauce from the holidays that needs to be eaten!
- Likewise, you can use any type of cranberry sauce you’d like (i.e. one that’s made with red wine, nuts, orange zest, etc.). Anything will work!
- For added flavor and texture, consider adding a streusel topping.
Looking for More Easy Coffee Cake Recipes?
- Mixed Berry Coffee Cake
- Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
- Banana Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Coffee Cake Bites
- Blackberry Coffee Cake
Cranberry Coffee Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 can (14 ounce) cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons granulated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add in flour, ½ cup at a time, followed by Greek yogurt and vanilla bean paste/extract Beat until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, mix cranberry sauce and lemon juice until smooth. Pour sauce over batter and gently swirl with a knife.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and 2 teaspoons white sugar. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.