Now that the new year is officially here, it’s really beginning to feel a lot like winter. The mild temperatures that we had over the holidays are now gone, and in its place are cold, snow, and more cold. Can you tell that I don’t like winter?
It’s also back to the daily grind for me. No more lazy days off or sleeping in past 8 am. My regular routine, including work, is now back on track. Is it the same for you, too? While I’m excited for all of the things to look forward to in 2015, I can’t help but wish I could turn back time and go back to Christmas again.
Yields 6 servings
This Creamy Corn Chowder is hearty, thick, and full of veggies.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese for garnish, if desired
- In a large soup pot, saute onions and red pepper in olive oil until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth to mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn, salt, thyme, pepper, and heavy cream.
- Heat mixture thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Top with shredded cheese, if desired.