This Easy Chicken Noodle Soup is filled with tender chicken, fresh veggies, and lots of noodles!
Whether it’s negative two degrees outside or sweltering hot, I’m always looking for something to warm me up.
I get cold very easily, and feel like I’m bundling up year round! If the heat is on, I’m still wrapped in a blanket to keep me warm. And when the air conditioner is on, I’m freezing! There’s never really a happy medium with me. That’s why I always look forward to my morning cup of coffee or tea to sip on and something hot to relax me at night.
And with the weather being as cold as it is right now, I always gravitate towards soup. Actually, I eat soup on a regular basis all year, but I especially crave it in the winter. I’ve been making my Creamy Corn Chowder almost weekly, as it’s a perfect weeknight meal that’s a favorite in my house.
So because I’m always on a soup kick, I decided to switch it up and make a classic favorite of mine. This Easy Chicken Noodle Soup is filled with tender chicken, fresh veggies, and lots of noodles. Easy to prepare and full of flavor, this hearty soup is perfect to warm you whenever your soup craving strikes.
Chicken noodle soup has always been one of my all-time favorites. I grew up eating my Grandma’s famous chicken soup and even love the canned version.
Whenever I’m not feeling well, this is my go-to meal. And when I was little, this was often times the only meal that I would eat, as I loved the classic flavor.
So instead of making the store-bought kind, I decided to make my own Easy Chicken Noodle Soup. And the best part about this is that it’s simple to whip up and can be easily customized depending on your tastes. I used shredded rotisserie chicken and lots of fresh carrots. I also added some onion and rosemary for added flavor. The classic chicken broth and wide egg noodles created an irresistibly delicious soup.
And from start to finish, this Easy Chicken Noodle Soup takes less than an hour to make. So that means you can whip this up on busy weeknights or prepare ahead of time so that you have a hot and flavorful meal ready to go.
One bite and I knew that this soup would become a regular in my meal rotations. The hubster even ate several bowls of this, which says a lot since he never eats soups unless it’s served at a restaurant!
So if you’re looking for a hearty and delicious soup, then this Easy Chicken Noodle Soup was made for you! Simple to prepare and ready in no time, this will warm you up and become one of your new favorite dishes!
Looking for more easy soup recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Pesto Chicken Noodle Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Easy Black Bean Soup
- Mushroom Barley Soup
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken I used the cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken that you can find near the deli section of your grocery store
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onion, carrots, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat about 5-7 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
- Add chicken broth, bay leaves, rosemary, and Italian seasoning and sir to combine. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add in chicken and egg noodles. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until noodles are cooked through. Discard bay leaves and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.