This Garlic and Sage Stuffing is made with simple ingredients and cozy spices. It’s ready in less than an hour and makes the perfect, easy side dish for Thanksgiving!
With Thanksgiving just a little over a week away, my mind is in overdrive trying to think of that perfect, last dish to make or decadent dessert to share. Even though I don’t host Thanksgiving, I like to come fully loaded with some delicious dishes to pass around.
But this year, I wanted to make a staple dish with a unique twist. One that would appeal to everyone, including the vegetarians in my family.
And that’s what I stumbled upon MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles when I was shopping at Target. It’s a veggie crumble that’s perfect to serve as a base for soups, stews, chili, and this Garlic and Sage Stuffing.
And ever since I made these Caprese Veggie Burgers using MorningStar Farms Grillers Original, I’ve been hooked on these delicious products.
Even though I’m not a vegetarian, I love to eat healthier and indulge in a veggie cuisine. And since MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles comes from quality ingredients and is full of flavor, I can rest easy knowing that I’m making a dish for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike!
So it only seemed natural that I take my immense love for stuffing and combine it with MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles. Stuffing is a staple dish for Thanksgiving and one that I can’t live without. I love piling it on my plate, onto sandwiches, or even eating it cold the next day. There’s just something about the decadent flavor and texture that keeps me coming back for more.
This Garlic and Sage Stuffing is made with MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles, freshly toasted bread, and seasoned with spices. It’s ready in less than an hour and makes the perfect, easy side dish for Thanksgiving!
If you’re short on time or just want to whip up a flavorful dish that everyone will love, this Garlic and Sage Stuffing was made for you.
The ingredients are simple, yet flavorful and taste delicious alongside that Thanksgiving turkey or any other dish that you choose to make. The MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles have a zesty flavor that’s perfect to devour on its own, or even better when tossed with the seasoned bread and spices.
And did I mention how easy this Garlic and Sage Stuffing is to make? So easy, that I guarantee you’ll be making this dish all year long. To start, you’ll cut almost a whole loaf of thick, white bread into cubes and toast for about 10 minutes. While the bread cubes are baking, you’ll prepare the MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles according to the packaged directions.
Once the crumbles are cooked, remove from the skillet and place into a large bowl, along with the toasted bread cubes. Then, you’ll saute a yellow onion and minced garlic, along with some salt, pepper, and sage.
Mix everything together in the bowl, pour in some chicken broth to moisten the bread, and then spread into a lightly greased baking dish. Pop the stuffing into the oven for about 35 minutes and get ready to wow your taste buds.
This Garlic and Sage Stuffing is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It’s packed with garlic, sage, and the zesty flavor from the MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles, which takes this stuffing to a whole new level.
Whether you’re a meat-lover or vegetarian, this Garlic and Sage Stuffing is the perfect veggie cuisine for everyone to enjoy this holiday season!
Looking for more side dish recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Yields 8 servings
This Garlic and Sage Stuffing is made with simple ingredients and cozy spices. It's ready in less than an hour and makes the perfect, easy side dish for Thanksgiving!
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 loaf of thick, white bread, cut into cubes
- 1 package MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles (or lean ground beef or mild Italian sausage)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread bread cubes in an even layer on a large baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cubes become lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and place into a large bowl. Set aside. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles according to packaged directions. Remove from skillet and place into the bowl with the bread cubes.
- In the same skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until onion is lightly browned about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove onion mixture from skillet and spoon into bread cube mixture.
- Pour 2 cups of chicken broth over bread, stirring lightly to combine.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.