This Halloween Snack Mix is full of tasty treats, packed with chex cereal coated with pumpkin spice pudding mix, pretzels, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, pumpkin spice candy corn, pumpkin spice M&Ms, and Halloween chocolate chips. Basically, it’s pumpkin spice flavored goodies in a bowl!
In four days, Halloween will be here. Can you believe it? Whether you take part in fun or not, it’s hard to believe that it’s almost upon us. And it’s even better that it’s on a Friday this year! While I don’t dress up like I did when I was younger, I do love passing out candy to the neighborhood kids.
Every year I scour the candy aisles at my local grocery store, trying to find the perfect bag of mixed treats for the kiddos. Oh, who am I kidding? I secretly pick out my favorite mix, which always involves Reese’s peanut butter cups, and stash a handful aside for myself. After all, that’s the best part, right?When I was younger, I loved dressing up as a princess, fairy, Ariel from The Little Mermaid (my favorite Disney movie) or my favorite, a 50’s girl! I loved twirling in my pink poodle skirt, with saddles shoes decorating my feet.
And even though that was my most cherished costume, there was one costume that I always wanted to be, yet never had the chance to. Ready for it? A can of pop! For some reason, I loved the costumes of cans of 7-UP, Coke, or anything of the kind. Silly, I know, but I always loved seeing the kids at my school dressed as that at our Halloween parties. But oh well, my other costumes were just as fun!
And speaking of Halloween parties, if you’re going to one (or even throwing a party) this year, I’ve got the perfect, festive treat for you! This Halloween Snack Mix is full of tasty treats, such as chex cereal coated with pumpkin spice pudding mix, pretzels, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, Pumpkin Spice Candy Corn, Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, and Halloween chocolate chips. Basically, it’s pumpkin spice flavored goodies in a bowl!
And the best part? You guessed it! This Halloween Snack Mix is so easy to make! And besides that, it’s very versatile depending on your tastes! Since I’m a huge fan of anything flavored with pumpkin, I decided to make this the ultimate, pumpkin snack mix.
I started by coating the rice chex cereal with melted white chocolate and pumpkin spice pudding mix. Once that was combined, I then coated the cereal with powdered sugar. Then into a bowl when the cereal, pretzels, Oreos, and candy. Give it a big stir and voila! Your Halloween Snack Mix is ready to serve! Couldn’t be easier, right?!
This Halloween Snack Mix is great to serve at a party, hand out to those trick-or-treaters that know you (I wouldn’t pass out to the random kiddos, as their parents would probably not approve of a homemade treat), or to simply munch on yourself!
And trust me guys, this didn’t last long in my house at all! Filled with pumpkin and spice, and everything nice, this is the perfect snack to ring in Halloween!
Looking for more Halloween recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Halloween Snack Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 6 ounces Vanilla Candiquick or white chocolate chips
- 1 box umpkin spice pudding mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups pretzels I used the tiny twist pretzels
- 12 Pumpkin Spice Oreos roughly chopped
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup Pumpkin Spice M&Ms or regular M&Ms
- 1 cup Halloween chocolate chips (orange and black morsels)
- Add the cereal to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt white chocolate according to packaged directions, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Once chocolate is melted, pour over cereal. Stir carefully to ensure that cereal is entirely coated.
- Pour cereal into a large resealable bag. Add pumpkin spice pudding mix, seal bag, and shake well.
- Open bag and add powdered sugar. Shake well until cereal is thoroughly coated. Pour cereal mixture into another large serving bowl. Add in pretzels, oreos, candy corn, M&Ms, and chocolate chips. Stir well.