It’s Monday. Another cold and frosty morning, when all I want to do is to curl up in bed and wish the week would hurry up to Friday. Since I have a case of the Monday-blahs, I’m jumping right to the point today in hopes to lift my spirits. I’ve got cake for you. And not just any cake, but this No-Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake. This decadent dessert features a cookie crust, filled with a rich and creamy mint cheesecake batter. And did I mention that it’s no-bake?
Since St. Patrick’s Day is less than two weeks away, I thought I would share my favorite green dessert with you! And it just so happens that cheesecakes are the perfect treat for Mondays, too. Agree? Even though I’m not Irish, I do like baking (and eating) green and minty desserts around this time. And while those shamrock shakes are delish, I decided to go the more cake-y route. After all, who can resist cheesecake, especially mini ones that require no oven?
Speaking of St. Patrick’s Day, are you one to celebrate? Occasionally I will make a corned beef in my slow cooker or the hubster and I will go out for a green beer. In Chicago, they dye the river green every year and it’s so fun to see! I’ve never been there in person to see the dye added in (kinda sad since I don’t live too far from the city) but I love seeing it featured on TV.
But this year, the hubster and I will probably stay in and indulge on this No-Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake. It has the perfect combination of mint and chocolate, combined with a smooth and creamy filling. And because it takes just minutes to whip up, I will spend less time in the kitchen and more time on my couch eating these cuties. Sounds pretty good, huh?
The crust for this No-Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake is made out of mint oreos and butter. Simply crush them using a food processor or rolling pin and then mix with some melted butter. Spread it on the bottom of several glasses or mini triffles, and pop ‘em in the fridge to firm up. Next comes the fun part, making the filling! Cream together the cream cheese and cool whip, and then add in a good dose of green food coloring and crushed cookies. Spoon this on top of the prepared crusts and get ready to be wowed.
This No-Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake is the perfect treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with, or just when you want to indulge and forget that it’s Monday!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter this amazing $400 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
This decadent No-Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake features a cookie crust, filled with a rich and creamy mint cheesecake batter.
15 minPrep Time
- 15 Mint Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (12 ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup crushed Mint Oreo Cookies
- 4-5 drops green food coloring
- In a food processor, blend Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Alternatively, you can add cookies to a large ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place cookies into a medium bowl and add melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Spread cookie mixture evenly on bottom of 4 small glasses or mini trifles. Refrigerate while preparing rest of dessert.
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese and vanilla extract using a stand mixer with a fitted paddle attachment or hand mixer.
- Gently fold in Cool Whip, Oreo cookies, and food coloring.
- Spoon mixture into prepared glasses or trifles.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until set.
Adapted from my No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecakes