I feel like my kitchen is a bakery at times. Cookies on the counter, creamy desserts in the fridge, and banana bread baking in the oven. Since I’m a food blogger, the sweet treats are usually overflowing pretty much at any given time. And while I have a few tried and true favorites that I make just for myself, I’m constantly looking for new and unique ways to create some delicious recipes.
And one of my all-time favorites is banana bread. I love the smell, the taste, and the texture. Give me a slice or two of this tasty bread and I’m one happy girl. But as much as I love it, I don’t make it all that often. And I partially blame it on the hubster, because he doesn’t like banana bread. And what’s even crazier is that he eats a banana just about every day. Hard to believe, right? So my excuse as to why I don’t make it nearly enough seems like a valid one to me, otherwise I would down the entire loaf by myself.
Then there are those times where I just need some banana bread. Like right now. I get that craving and can’t wait to use up those overripe bananas (from the hubster’s stash) sitting on my counter. So when that temptation struck last week, I decided to get creative and add in my newest addiction to the batter…Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread, in order to create this Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread.
Let’s sidetrack for a minute, have you tried this Reese’s Spread? It’s simply amazing! It’s a creamy spread, a bit thicker than peanut butter, that tastes just like the inside of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I almost have no words for it, it’s just that good. And I won’t even tell you how many jars I’ve gone through (with just my spoon) in the past three months.
Anyways, back to the bread. This Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread is moist, full of flavor, and swirled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread. And to top it off, I added a smooth and creamy peanut butter glaze to give these bread even more flavor. Made with vanilla Greek yogurt and a combination of simple ingredients, this bread is soft and oh-so delicious. And best of all, it’s so easy to make! With no mixer needed, you can have this bread ready in no time!
If you love banana bread and peanut butter just as much as me, then grab those bananas and get bakin’! The creamy peanut butter and sweet bananas will delight your taste buds. And that peanut butter glaze? Watch out…it’s very easy to eat this straight from the bowl (not that I did that, or anything).
P.S. Don’t forget to enter this amazing $400 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!
Yields 1 loaf
This Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread is moist, full of flavor, and swirled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter spread, slightly melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar and melted butter.
- Add in eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract, stir to combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture into wet ingredients and stir well.
- Gently fold in mashed bananas.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan.
- Spread Reese's peanut butter spread over the top, lightly smoothing out to sides of pan with spatula.
- Pour rest of batter on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the melted peanut butter and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf.