This post is sponsored by Giovanni Rana. As always, all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies that help make Pumpkin ‘N Spice possible!
This Pesto Tortellini Bake is filled with fresh pasta, tangy pesto sauce, juicy mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. It easy to prepare and makes the perfect weeknight meal!
It’s pesto time, friends!
Otherwise known as Meatless Friday.
Now, the hubster and I actually don’t follow meatless Friday (or any other day). If we happen to not eat meat on a certain day, it’s just a coincidence. But since I thought of the idea to make this Pesto Tortellini Bake a few weeks ago, and it just happened to be Friday (because who said it was only meatless Monday?), I thought the concept fit quite well.
My real inspiraton for this Pesto Tortellini Bake came from Giovanni Rana.
If you’ve ever tried their delicious pastas and fresh sauces, then you know what I’m talking about! Their pastas are fresh, never frozen, and oozing with fresh ingredients, like cheese, artichokes, or sausage. And Giovanni Rana’s sauces are definitely one-of-a-kind. Their basil pesto makes me swoon and their alfredo sauce has the perfect amount of flavor.
So when Giovanni Rana wanted to send me some fresh cheese tortellini and basil pesto sauce to sample, I immediately jumped at the chance!
After all, it’s my favorite pasta and it makes a quick and delicious meal, especially in the summer.
And since pasta is one of my favorite meals, I couldn’t wait to start experimenting in the kitchen.
This Pesto Tortellini Bake is filled with fresh pasta, tangy pesto sauce, juicy mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. It easy to prepare and makes the perfect weeknight meal. And you can’t get much better than that!
If you’re a pesto lover like me, then this Pesto Tortellini Bake was made for you.
The basil pesto is made with 100% Genovese basil and is full of flavor. I’ve had my fair share of pesto sauces over the years, and I have to say that Giovanni Rana’s sauce is my favorite. Combine that with fresh tortellini, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese, and you have yourself a match made in heaven.
And like most of my recipes, this Pesto Tortellini Bake is a breeze to whip up!
Simply cook the tortellini according to the packaged directions. While the pasta is cooking, saute some fresh mushrooms in some butter and spices. Toss the tortellini, mushrooms and pesto in a skillet, then top with some mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese is just melted, and your dinner is ready to be devoured.
This Pesto Tortellini Bake makes a delicious summer meal. It’s ready in no time and bursting with flavor! One bite and I promise that this will become your new Meatless Friday (or any day) favorite!
Looking for more meatless recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Tortellini with Mustard Cream Sauce
- Parmesan Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
- Spinach and Mushroom Quinoa Bowls
Pesto Tortellini Bake
- 12 ounces Giovanni Rana's Tortellini Cheese "Delicato" or any fresh tortellini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups Giovanni Rana's Basil Pesto or pesto of choice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add butter to a medium skillet and melt over medium heat. Add mushrooms, pepper, and garlic powder. Saute until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and place into a large skillet or casserole dish. Top with pesto sauce and mushrooms, stir to combine. Spread cheese in an even layer over top of pasta.
- Bake just until cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.