Jam-packed with raspberries, layered on a buttery crust and topped with streusel, these Raspberry Crumb Bars taste like your favorite pie, in bar form!
One thing that I love about warmer weather is that I get a craving more fruit.
Fruit salads, fruit and yogurt parfaits, and pies. You just can’t go wrong with any of those, right? Pie isn’t necessarily the healthiest, but I like to trick my mind into thinking that it is because it does contain fruit, after all.
Just go with the flow on this one, ok?
But even though I love pie, I don’t always feel like making one. Whether I use a store-bought crust or make my own, sometimes I just want something a little easier to make.
And that’s where these Raspberry Crumb Bars come in. Jam-packed with raspberries that are layered on a buttery crust and topped with streusel, these bars take just minutes to make and taste like your favorite pie, in bar form.
And not only are these Raspberry Crumb Bars delicious, but they’re easier to eat than a regular pie, too. You can cut these bars up and then sneak a piece when your craving hits or for when you want a quick grab ‘n go breakfast. And yes, these bars make the perfect breakfast! After all, there’s fruit in here, which makes these totally acceptable to devour with your morning coffee.
So now that we’ve established that these Raspberry Crumb Bars make the perfect breakfast and are easy to eat (no fork needed!), they’re also simple to make. You knew that was coming, right? I’m all about easy recipes, and this one definitely measures up!
You most likely have all of these ingredients in your kitchen right now. And these bars are so versatile, too. Don’t like raspberries? Swap them out for blueberries or cherries! Want more of that delicious crumble topping? Feel free to double it! See what I mean, friends?
These Raspberry Crumb bars are fast, easy, and filled with raspberry flavor.
It comes together in a matter of minutes, so you can devour these babies not long after you prepare the ingredients. You’ll use a standard mix of ingredients for these bars: flour, baking powder, white and brown sugars, some butter, an egg, vanilla, and salt. You spread half of the crumble mixture onto the bottom of a pan and reserve the other half for the mouthwatering topping.
And the filling is simple!
I used a seedless raspberry jam and spread it evenly onto the buttered crust. Then crumble the rest of the flour mixture on top and pop these bars into the oven. After about 35 minutes or so, this dessert (or breakfast) is ready!
These Raspberry Crumb Bars burst with flavor, while the rich and buttery crust provides the perfect amount of sweetness.
And because these bars double as breakfast or dessert, it’s acceptable to munch on these anytime of the day! And with the fresh flavor, you’ll soon be dreaming of summer, just like me.
Looking for more fruit dessert recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Raspberry Crumb Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ¾ cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, white sugar, and brown sugar. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in butter until it resembles coarse sand or pebbles. Mix in egg and vanilla bean paste/extract.
- Spread half of mixture onto bottom of prepared pan and lightly press down. Spread jam over mixture, stopping just before the edges, so as not to burn. Take remaining mixture and crumble over top of jam, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before cutting into bars.