I hope you enjoyed the long weekend and had the most joyous Christmas, filled with love, laughter, family and food!
I sure did, and I’m still recovering from just a little bit too much fun (and food!). I’m also gearing up to celebrate New Year’s and working on some new and exciting content for you! I usually share a ‘Top 10’ recipe post of the most popular recipes of the year at this time, but I’ve decided to change it up a bit.
I’m keeping today’s post short and sweet. I know you probably have returns to make, shopping to do, and want to relax during the holiday. And I do, too! It’s the one time of year that I try to not work so much. It makes me feel refreshed and ready to go for when January rolls around.
After I sent out the 2017 Reader Survey last week (there’s still time to take it!), I promised a little sneak peek of what’s to come in 2018. I’ve also had several requests to share some more information, so here it is!
Pumpkin ‘N Spice is planning to branch out with different topics in 2018, such as:
- home and kitchen decor
- books (possibly a book club)
- sales (good prices/deals on the topics listed above)
Q1: Why the addition of categories?
I want to try something new and broaden my audience a bit. I have more interests than just food (surprising, right?), so I thought I would share some of my other hobbies and likes, just incase I can help or inspire anyone. I’ve received positive feedback from the survey so far and would like to see how this goes!
Q2: Will you still share recipes?
ABSOLUTELY! Pumpkin ‘N Spice is still a food blog at heart, so creating and sharing recipes is where my true passion lies. But, to liven things up a bit, I will be sharing a few different kinds of posts every now and then. But recipes will still be the main focus (see below), so not to worry!
Q3: What will these new categories look like?
I’m still working on how to send out and share content, so it’s currently a work in progress. I will most likely share the lifestyle posts like I do a recipe, as well as share more on Instagram and through Insta-stories, so be sure you’re following along!
Q4: When will these new categories be shared?
Since I am still working on new content for the lifestyle-type posts, you most likely will not see these new areas featured until sometime in February. I have a jam-packed schedule of new recipes for you that will be starting on January 1st, along with some of my favorite food brand collaborations!
I have been thinking about expanding Pumpkin ‘N Spice for quite some time now. It’s not something that I’ve entered into lightly and I will not totally switch gears and become a completely different blog. After all, you are here for the recipes, and I want to do what’s best for you! I have already begun working on new content. I’m excited to branch out and share more than just food, and I hope you are, too.
In addition to more lifestyle posts, Pumpkin ‘N Spice is working on:
- More brand collaboration! I am working with some of my favorite brands to bring you more easy, creative, and delicious recipes in the new year!
- More recipes geared towards you! I’ve gotten a lot of great feedback so far (this survey was sent to email subscribers last weekend) about new features that readers want to see, so I’m working on new and exciting content!
- More Facebook and Instagram Live! I’ve done a few Facebook Lives over the past year, but I plan to increase that due to positive responses. Have a recipe you want to see me make on Facebook or Instagram? Have another idea? Let me know!
- More recipe videos! You all love my recipe videos, so I’m working on creating more for new and existing recipes!
And that’s the sneak peek, friends!
As always, if you have any questions, concerns, comments, or feedback at any time, please feel free to email me at: email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can. You truly make my day with your positive messages, comments, and emails.