I feel like I’m a magazine hoarder. I have three monthly subscriptions to different magazines (two of them being food-related ones), and sometimes go without reading them for quite some time. I’ll flip through and look at the pictures or read a few interesting articles, but they often collect dust until I remember to go through them. I also have a stack of bridal magazines from when I was planning my wedding last year. Those, too, are going unused, yet I can’t bear to part with them. Are you this way, too?
Although I may not be the best at keeping up with my magazines, I did happen to read this month’s Food Network magazine, cover to cover. And it’s a good thing I did, because it inspired me to create these Strawberry Pie Bites! We all know I’m just a little obsessed with foods in mini form. And if you aren’t aware of that, please check out these recipes. Mini foods are perfectly portable, pop-able, and all around delicious! And since it’s summer time, what better way to celebrate the season than with these Strawberry Pie Bites?
A buttery crust, filled with fresh strawberries and a sprinkling of sweetness will have you reaching for these Strawberry Pie Bites all day long. Besides being super simple to whip up (remember, that’s what I’m all about), these little cuties taste like summertime, all in one bite.
To make these mini pies, I took two refrigerated pie crusts and used a small glass to cut out two circles per pie. One circle went into the bottom of a mini muffin tin, while the other formed the top layer of the pie. To make the filling, I diced some strawberries, tossed with a little sugar, and filled each mini muffin tin. The top layer of the dough went over the pies, and then I sealed them with a fork. Pop these babies into the oven for about 15 minutes, and in no time, you’ll be devouring their strawberry sweetness.
Once you bite into these Strawberry Pie Bites, you will love the juice sweetness from the fresh strawberries. The buttery crust compliments the tang of the strawberries. Perfectly delicious and easy to pop, you’ll want to be making these for every occasion!
A buttery crust, filled with fresh strawberries and a sprinkling of sweetness will have you reaching for these Strawberry Pie Bites all day long!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 8 strawberries, diced
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray a 24 count mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Unroll both pie crusts and set on a flat surface.
- Using the open part of a small glass, cut round circles out of both pie crusts until all of the dough is used. You will want an even amount of dough circles, as each pie bite will have two circles.
- Place one pie circle in the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Top with diced strawberries and a sprinkling of sugar in each tin.
- Repeat until all of the muffin tins are filled.
- Take the second dough circle and place on top of the filled muffin tins.
- Lightly press down and seal with a fork, so that it forms the top crust of the pie bite.
- Gently brush melted butter on top of each pie bite and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in muffin tin for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Strawberry pie bites will keep in an airtight container for about five days.