Strawberry Shortcake Waffles
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VansFoodsWaffles #vansfoods #CollectiveBias
Strawberry Shortcake Waffles make a deliciously sweet and easy breakfast. Made with fresh strawberries, and whipped cream sweetened with honey, this dish is the perfect way to start your day!
Did you make any resolutions?
I’ve talked about this before, but I’m not one to make resolutions. Instead, I stick to ‘goals’, as that is easier for me to achieve. And a goal of mine for 2020 is to eat better. Not just more fruits and veggies, but to really think about what foods I want to have in my kitchen.
Starting with breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day, right? And today, I’ve got an easy waffle recipe to share with you.
And that’s where Van’s® products come in. It’s a great way to start your day and perfect for a snack, too. Van’s is nutritious and delicious, along with being a wholesome food that you and your family can feel good about eating.
If you love waffles like I do, then Van’s was made for you. Their Power Grains Waffles® will fill you up and fuel you all day long. It contains 10-12g of protein per serving and 9-11g of whole grains per serving. It’s also made with nutritious grains like cracked red wheat, steel cut oats, millets and brown rice.
Van’s Gluten Free Waffles are made with whole grain brown rice flour and are sweetened with fruit juice. These light and crispy waffles contain 21-23g of whole grains per serving and free from dairy, eggs, artificial anything, cholesterol, corn and are non-GMO project verified. And Van’s Organic Waffles contain 15g of whole grains and 4 grams of protein per serving. They’re also free from dairy, eggs, artificial anything, cholesterol, corn and are non-GMO project verified.
And did you know that Van’s Strawberry & Peanut Butter Sandwich Bars are gluten free, with 10g of protein? Such a delicious snack that I love having around the house! Want to learn more? Head to Van’s® website for more information!
So, after stocking up on Van’s® Power Grains® Original Waffles, I headed up to whip up this easy strawberry shortcake waffle recipe.
It’s bursting with flavor, simple to prepare, and filled with good for you ingredients. Sounds like a waffle winner to me!
How to make Strawberry Shortcake Waffles:
This strawberry waffle recipe is ready in about 15 minutes. Made with just four ingredients, you can whip up this easy breakfast whenever yo’d like!
- To start, toast some Van’s Power Grains Original Waffles according to package directions.
- As the waffles are toasting, prepare the honey whipped cream. Beat some cold, heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form and then add honey for a hint of sweetness.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream over one waffle, followed by some fresh, sliced strawberries. Repeat with two more waffle layers and then get ready to dig in.
Some tips for making Strawberry Shortcake Waffles:
Slice the strawberries before-hand so they’re ready to layer once the waffles are done.
Make sure your electric beaters and bowl are cold when you whip the heavy cream. I like to place mine in the refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes before I make the whipped cream. That way, the cream will come together faster.
Variations of Strawberry Shortcake Waffles:
Add some vanilla or almond extract to the whipped cream! This will give it a hint of flavor, without overpowering the whipped cream.
Use maple syrup in place of honey to sweeten the whipped cream! This will still keep the whipped cream better for you, without the added sweetness that powered or granulated sugar has.
Drizzle a touch of honey or maple syrup over the waffles when ready to eat! These waffles with whipped cream and strawberries are simple, easy, and hearty, good for you breakfast. Once you dig in, you’ll be making this dish over and over again!
Strawberry Shortcake Waffles
- 3 Van’s® Power Grains® Original Waffles
- 6-8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Toast Van’s® Power Grains® Original Waffles according to package directions.
- While waffles are toasting, beat cold heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment until cream starts to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Add honey and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream on one waffle, followed by some sliced strawberries. Layer with another waffle, whipped cream, and strawberries, followed by another layer.
- Serve immediately.