Healthier than the store-bought kind and so easy to make, this Whipped Garlic Hummus will be your new favorite dip!
Now that the new year is officially upon us and the first few months seems to be the focus of getting all healthy and fit, I feel like I need to make an effort to eat better.
Don’t get me wrong, I try to watch what I eat most of the time. But now that everyone is on the kick of working out and eating healthier, it gives me just a little more motivation to do so.
One of my favorite dips to eat that’s on the healthier side is hummus. I simply can’t get enough of it and have been known to eat more than my fair share in just one sitting. I go through hummus like nobody’s business and am not ashamed to admit it.
So after I received a new food processor for Christmas (it was a sad day when my old one broke), I decided to make this Whipped Garlic Hummus with Parmesan Tortilla Chips.
Healthier than the store-bought kind and so easy to make, this hummus is my new favorite dip! And because tortilla chips are often my choice to dip into, I decided to make my own chips. And they’re super easy to whip up!
If you’ve never made your own hummus before, then your totally missing out. Not only is it a breeze to whip up, but it requires just a few simple ingredients! And since I’m the biggest garlic addict around, making this Whipped Garlic Hummus was a no-brainer.
So let’s get down to the recipes! To make this Whipped Garlic Hummus, you need just a few simple ingredients. The only thing that you may not have in your kitchen is tahini paste, which is a necessity to make this delicious dip. You can find it in the ethnic aisle of your grocery store, in the Mediterranean section.
Simply combine a can of chick peas, tahini paste, olive oil, lemon juice, minced, salt, and pepper into the food processor. Pulse until it reaches your desired consistency and your healthy snack is ready to be devoured!
The creamy garlic flavor and smooth texture of the chick peas creates a delectable, yet healthy dip that is perfect to serve with pita chips, carrots, or peppers. Drizzle a little olive oil on top and sprinkle on some crushed red pepper, and you have the easiest and tastiest Whipped Garlic Hummus that is perfect to jump-start the road to a healthier you!
Looking for more easy appetizer recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Pizza Potato Skins
- Garlic Ranch Pretzels
- Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chickpeas
- Zucchini Chips with Ranch Mayo Dip
Whipped Garlic Hummus
Whipped Garlic Hummus:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Parmesan Tortilla Chips
- 12 soft tortilla shells
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- In a good processor, combine the chick peas, tahini paste, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until it reaches your desired consistency. The longer you blend it, the creamier the mixture will be.
- Pour mixture into a dish and top with a drizzle of olive oil and some crushed red pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- To make the tortilla chips, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each tortilla shell into six wedges. Place onto prepared baking sheets and lightly brush both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and sea salt over chips (flip over if you would like both sides coated).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until chips are crispy and golden. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.