Now that the new year is officially upon us and the first few months seems to be the focus of getting all healthy and fit, I feel like I need to make an effort to eat better. Don’t get me wrong, I try to watch what I eat most of the time. But now that everyone is on the kick of working out and eating healthier, it gives me just a little more motivation to do so.
Healthier than the store-bought kind and so easy to make, this Whipped Garlic Hummus will be your new favorite dip!
10 minPrep Time
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 soft tortilla shells
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- In a good processor, combine the chick peas, tahini paste, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until it reaches your desired consistency. The longer you blend it, the creamier the mixture will be.
- Pour mixture into a dish and top with a drizzle of olive oil and some crushed red pepper, if desired.
- To make the tortilla chips, preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut each tortilla shell into six wedges.
- Place onto prepared baking sheets and lightly brush both sides with olive oil.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and sea salt over chips (flip over if you would like both sides coated).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until chips are crispy and golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Hummus will keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.