White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn is an easy treat that’s perfect for the holidays!
Are you the type of person that’s been in the holiday spirit for weeks now? Or maybe not until it gets closer to Christmas? We’re only three days into December and I’m already in full holiday mode. My decorations are up, the tree is lit, and I’ve been listening to Christmas music for the past few weeks.
A radio station in my area always plays Christmas music 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, starting in November.
Some say that may be too early (especially the hubster), but I gladly tune in my car radio to that station whenever I’m driving to work or running errands. It always puts me in a better mood and causes me to sing along (although not very well) with the radio as I drive.
And with the cold weather starting early this year, I’ve been wanting to snuggle up with a mug of my delicious hot chocolate (recipe coming Friday), my electric throw blanket, and this White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn to munch on.
Whether you’re a peppermint lover or not, this festive snack will knock your socks off!
Popcorn, coated with creamy white chocolate and tossed with mini candy cane Oreos and candy cane Hershey kisses provides a tasty snack. Perfect to eat while watching Christmas movies, gazing at the tree, or to serve at a holiday party.
Since the holidays are in full force, I was able to break out the peppermint candy and whip up a batch of this White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn. And while popcorn isn’t just a seasonal treat, the decadent white chocolate and peppermint Oreos and Hershey kisses really jazz up this classic treat.
And like most of my recipes, this popcorn is so easy to make!
Simply melt some white chocolate (I used white chocolate melting wafers from Ghirardelli) and pour it over the popcorn. Lightly toss to combine and then add in some red food coloring. Once everything is mixed in, gently fold in the oreos.
Spread the popcorn out onto a large baking tray lined with parchment paper and allow to set for at least 20 minutes. Once the white chocolate is hardened, break up the pieces and add in the candy cane Hershey kissed. Easy peasy!
Once you taste this White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn, I guarantee you’ll fall in love with this festive mix! The white chocolate makes this treat irresistible, along with the candy cane add-ins. Perfect to munch on while watching your favorite Christmas shows or to serve at a holiday party , you’ll be whipping this treat up all season long!
Looking for more holiday treats? I’ve got you covered!
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts
- Blueberry Gingerbread Loaf
- Frosted Peppermint Brownies
- Spiced Cherry Cider
White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 10 ounces white chocolate wafers I used Ghirardelli brand or white chocolate chips
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups mini candy cane Oreo cookies or regular mini Oreo cookies
- 1 cup candy cane Hershey kisses unwrapped
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt white chocolate wafers in microwave on medium power for about 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth, remove from microwave. Pour white chocolate over popcorn and lightly toss to coat. Add food coloring and stir to combine. Gently fold in Oreos.
- Spread popcorn onto prepared tray and let sit for 20 minutes, or until chocolate has hardened.
- Using a spoon, break up popcorn into small chunks. Pour into a large bowl and add Hershey kisses.