This White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge recipe uses creamy white chocolate swirled with peppermint flavor. Topped with crushed candy canes, it makes the best simple dessert for the holidays!
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season never ceases to amaze me.
Malls are overflowing with people, children are waiting to see Santa in lines that stretch for miles, and those cheesy holiday commercials on TV always overplay themselves.
Remember Michael Bolton singing “Happy Honda Days” on a Honda commercial? That song is permanently etched in my brain now.
And don’t ever go to the mall on Christmas Eve, unless that’s when you like to shop (then I won’t blame you).
When I was in college years ago, I worked at a retail store over my winter break. Unfortunately, I was scheduled to work on Christmas Eve and was absolutely shocked at the number of people who waited to do their shopping last minute. Don’t people spend time with their family then or get to their shopping earlier in the month?
Another thing that amazes me during the month of December is all of cookies, candies, cakes, and pies.
I continually have to tell myself that calories don’t count around the holidays, right? That’s my motto and I’m stickin’ to it!
You all know that fudge is one of my favorite holiday desserts, hence the reason I’m sharing another delicious fudge recipe with you during fudge week. Be sure to pop on over to Mir’s blog, Just About Baked…we’re participating in fudge week together! And Mir whipped up some delicious Jingle Jangle Fudge!
My Easy Peanut Butter Fudge that I shared previously is one of my favorites because it involves peanut butter, of course! Now onto my second favorite fudge: White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge!
Creamy white chocolate, swirled with peppermint flavor and topped with crushed candy canes creates this delectable peppermint fudge.
What Makes This White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge So Great
- It’s refreshing, delicious, and full of holiday flavors!
- This peppermint fudge is super easy to make – just heat in a pan, pour in a dish, then garnish and chill!
- It looks so festive and is perfect for a Christmas dessert table!
This peppermint fudge is even easier to prepare than my Easy Peanut Butter Fudge, if you can believe it! This dessert is made with a mixture of white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and peppermint extract. Pretty snazzy, huh?
How To Make White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving it hanging over on the sides.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and salt, stirring with a utensil until smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the peppermint extract.
- Pour the mixture into the square pan and spread it around evenly with a spatula or other utensil.
- Add in 2-3 drops of red food coloring and gently swirl with a table knife.
- Top with crushed candy canes, if desired, then chill in the refrigerator for three hours or until firm.
- Once set, remove the fudge from the pan and cut into squares with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use wax paper instead.
- It’s important to leave an extra bit of paper hanging out over the dish as that’s how you’ll be lifting the fudge out. If you don’t leave paper hanging over the fudge will be difficult to get out!
- To make the pretty red color on top, swirl in a good amount of red food coloring. If you like your peppermint fudge more on the pink side, feel free to use less food coloring.
- If you’ve eaten all your candy canes (it happens!) you can use round peppermint candies instead to garnish this fudge.
- While this recipe is all about white chocolate, it works just as well with dark or milk chocolate! Just skip the food coloring as it won’t show in the darker chocolate.
- Get an extra burst of mint by crushing round green spearmint candies and adding them as a garnish!
This White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is a perfect treat to serve for the holidays! Fast, easy, and with just a few ingredients, you’ll be devouring this fudge in no time!
looking for more peppermint desserts? i’ve got you covered!
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Frosted Peppermint Brownies
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting
- No-Bake Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
did you make and love this recipe? give it your review below and make sure to follow along with me on facebook and instagram to get other great recipe ideas!
White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips or 12 ounces white chocolate candiquick
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- ¼ cup crushed candy canes for garnish if desired
- Line an 8x8 inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving it hang over on the sides.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and salt, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- Pour mixture into lined pan and spread evenly with spatula. Add in 2-3 drops of red food coloring and gently swirl with knife. Top with crushed candy canes, if desired.
- Chill in refrigerator for three hours or until firm. Remove from pan and cut into squares.