Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
This Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is the perfect fall comfort food to savor the season. Easy to make and bursting with flavor, you'll love the unique spin on a classic recipe!
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk , any kind (I used 2%)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Set aside.
In another medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in cream and milk. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin, mozzarella, cheddar cheese and sage.
Pour mixture over cooked macaroni and toss to coat. Spread macaroni evenly into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
To make the topping, in a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oil. Sprinkle evenly over macaroni.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until topping is browned and mixture is bubbly. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Pumpkin Mac and Cheese above the recipe box.
- Slightly adapted from Better Homes & Gardens - Pumpkin magazine.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 267mg | Iron: 1.1mg