Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter combines the signature flavors of fall and is perfect to spread onto toast, bagels, and more. It's sweet, creamy, and so easy to make, that you'll never go back to the store-bought kind!
Servings: 1 pint
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ½-2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (see note below)**
Add the pumpkin, apple cider, white sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to a slow cooker. Stir well.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours until butter has reached your desired consistency, stirring every hour.
Pour butter into a mason jar (or other airtight container) and allow to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
- **Another reader suggested that 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice was too strong in this recipe. You may want to start with 1/2 tablespoon and then increase from there, depending on your tastes.
- Pumpkin butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Lightly adapted from Skinny Ms.