Gingerbread Cake is an easy, one bowl recipe that's ready in less than an hour. This cake is soft, moist, and loaded with cozy flavors!
Servings: 12 slices
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1¼ cups whole OR 2% milk
- ½ cup unsulphured molasses
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Powdered sugar, whipped cream, and/or caramel sauce for topping , if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and allspice.
Make a well in center of mixture. Add milk, molasses, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat on low speed with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment for about 1 minute until fully combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter twice to release air bubbles.
Bake for about 26-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream or caramel sauce, if desired.
- Lightly adapted from 13x9 Cakes magazine
- See my tips and tricks for making this Easy Gingerbread Cake above the recipe box.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg