Easy Blueberry Sauce
Easy Blueberry Sauce is made with just five ingredients and ready in no time. This simple sauce is the perfect topping for toast, waffles, pancakes, ice cream, and so much more!
Servings: 2 cups
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch + 1½ tablespoons cold water
In a medium saucepan, add blueberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Lower heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 6-8 minutes, or until blueberries start to burst.
In a small bowl or cup, stir cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into blueberry sauce and continue to simmer for 4-6 minutes, or until thickened. Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
Remove from heat and pour into a glass jar or container. Once sauce comes to room temperature, cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Blueberry sauce will last for up to 5 days.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Easy Blueberry Sauce above recipe box.