Baked Lemon Chicken
Baked Lemon Chicken is a simple dish that's loaded with flavor. With just a few ingredients, this chicken bakes up tender, juicy, and all-around delicious. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted OR olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice juice from about 1 lemon
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 lemon slices
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Place chicken on pan and brush both sides with melted butter and then season both sides with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Spoon half of mixture over chicken.
Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and spoon rest of marinade over chicken. Top each breast with a lemon slice. Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F. For a crispy texture, broil for 2-4 minutes, or until chicken is slightly browned on top. Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This will help the chicken retain the juices so it remains moist and tender.
Before serving, squeeze additional lemon juice on top, if desired.
- For best results, use a meat thermometer to know when your chicken is done cooking, as the size of chicken breasts will vary in the oven.
- See my tips and tricks for making this baked lemon chicken above the recipe box.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 332IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg