Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars feature a cinnamon sugar cookie crust, topped with a sweet vanilla batter and more cookie pieces. An easy dessert that makes the most delicious combination!
Servings: 20 bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar divided
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
To make the cookie crust:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until just combined. Reserve one cup of dough. Press remaining dough onto bottom of prepared pan and spread evenly.
Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cook for several minutes. Leave oven on.
To make cheesecake filling:
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and ½ cup of sugar at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until just combined.
Pour batter onto warm crust. Drop reserved cookie dough by the spoonful evenly across batter.
In a small bowl, whisk remaining ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle all over dough and cream cheese mixture.
Bake until center of cheesecake is just set, about 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely in pan. Refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. Using excess foil/parchment paper as handles, remove from pan before cutting into bars.
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Cheesecake Bars can be frozen for up to three months.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars above the recipe box.
- Recipe slightly adapted from Paula Deen's Fall Baking magazine - 2017
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 296IU | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg