Cheesy Meatball Casserole
Cheesy Meatball Casserole is an easy, one pan dinner that's ready in no time. With just handful of ingredients and no need to boil the noodles beforehand, this is the perfect, hearty comfort dish!
- 1 pound (16 ounces) uncooked cavatappi noodles
- 1 jar (24 ounce) marinara sauce I used Garlic & Herb marinara sauce for extra flavor
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (14 ounce) frozen meatballs thawed
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping if desired
Preheat oven to 425°F.
To a 9x13 baking dish, add uncooked pasta, sauce, water, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper, and meatballs. Stir to combine. Make sure everything is spread evenly onto the pan. If any noodles are sticking out of the sauce/water mix, lightly press down with the back of your spoon to ensure it is submerged. This will ensure that you do not end up with dry, hard noodle tips.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Check at the 35 minute mark (you don't want the noodles to become mushy). Remove from the oven and stir. You want the noodles to be al dente. If the noodles are too hard, cook for an additional 2-5 minutes (depending on firmness).
Top casserole with shredded cheese and return to the oven, uncovered, and cook for about 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven (casserole may seem too watery, that's ok!), stir, and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Check the noodles when cooking to make sure they don't become mushy. If the dish cooks too long, the texture of the noodles will be off.
- Casserole will last for up to three days in the refrigerator.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Cheesy Meatball Casserole above the recipe box.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 1mg