Easy Peppermint Truffles are rich, creamy, and made with just five ingredients. This easy treat is fun, festive, and perfect for the holiday season!
Servings: 24 truffles
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 Crushed candy canes
- Red sanding sugar/sprinkles or more crushed candy canes for rolling
Add chopped chocolate to a medium bowl and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, bring heavy whipping cream and butter to boil over medium-high heat.
Once boiling, remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes and then stir in peppermint extract until smooth; then stir in crushed candy canes.
Refrigerate mixture until firm, about 1-2 hours. Roll tablespoonfuls of chocolate into balls and then roll into crushed candy canes or sprinkles. Refrigerate until set, about 1-2 hours.
- Truffles will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Peppermint Truffles above the recipe box.
Serving: 1truffle | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 59mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 143IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg