Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes are smooth, creamy, and loaded with savory flavors. With just a few ingredients, this easy side dish will quickly become your favorite recipe!
- 1 cup milk 2%
- 3 pounds potatoes (russet or Yukon Gold) peeled and quartered
- ½ cup unsalted butter cut into chunks
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary chopped
- 5 fresh sage leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to just cover potatoes. Boil, uncovered, 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain water and return to pot.
Add butter, garlic, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper to potatoes. Using a potato masher or electric hand mixer, mash until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, to reach desired consistency.
Adjust seasonings and add more salt/pepper and/or fresh herbs, if needed.
- Mashed potatoes will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Garlic Herb Potatoes above the recipe box.