Easy Strawberry Shortcake Puffs
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Puffs are a simple dessert that contains just five ingredients. By using frozen puff pastry and sweet strawberries, this easy dessert is ready in less than an hour!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup +3 tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 10-inch square and then cut into 12 rectangles. Place onto baking pans. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Remove to wire racks and let cool completely.
While puff pastry is baking, in a large bowl, toss strawberries with ¼ cup sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In another bowl, beat the cream with a hand mixer until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
To serve, split pastries horizontally in half. Top each bottom half with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream and 1 tablespoon of strawberries; add the remaining halves on top. Top each shortcake with additional whipped cream and strawberries. Serve immediately.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Easy Strawberry Shortcake above the recipe box.
- Recipe from Taste of Home: Five ingredients - 2018
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 443IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg