Instant Pot Pizza Stuffed Peppers
In these Pizza Stuffed Peppers, bell peppers are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, pepperoni, pizza sauce, and rice before being cooked in the Instant Pot. This hearty meal takes just 35 minutes to make!
- 8 large bell peppers (any color) tops cut off and seeds/membranes removed (see note below)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground Italian sausage)
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices halved
- 1 small white onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of red pepper flakes (if desired)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 jar (14 ounce) pizza sauce, any kind (marinara sauce may be used instead)
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
Place trivet in the bottom of Instant Pot and add 1½ cups water. Place 4 peppers onto trivet, standing upright. Set aside. **4 peppers will only fit in IP at one time, so you may need to cook in batches. Otherwise, if you don't want to use extra peppers, take the leftover ground beef mixture and saute in a skillet until cooked through.**
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, pepperoni, onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes (if using), diced tomatoes, pizza sauce, rice, and 1½ cups of shredded cheese. Stir thoroughly or use clean hands to combine.
Spoon meat mixture evenly into peppers, filling to the top. Cover and place into lock position, and make sure the valve is in the 'sealing' position. Press the 'manual' button and cook for 10 minutes. **Remember that it will take the IP about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure and then will count down from 10 minutes**
When the timer goes off, do a quick release by turning the valve to the venting position and letting steam release until the pin drops. (I like to place a folded kitchen towel over the valve so that it catches the steam.) Ground beef should be cooked through, but you can use a meat thermometer to make sure it reads 165°F.
Sprinkle remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese over the tops of each pepper and cover with lid. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with dried oregano, more pepperoni, or black olives, if desired.
- This recipe was tested and made in a 6-quart Instant Pot.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Instant Pot Pizza Stuffed Peppers above the recipe box.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 636kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 1936mg | Potassium: 1037mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 783IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 371mg | Iron: 6mg