Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups are a fun, bite-sized treat for the holidays. Easy to make and loaded with chocolate, these festive cookies are perfect for the season!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 (17.9 ounce) bag sugar cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 36 dark chocolate kisses
- 2 cups whipped topping (spray can or tub)
- Mini marshmallow and/or crushed candy canes for topping if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the sugar cookie mix and cocoa powder until combined. Add in melted butter and egg and stir until a soft dough forms.
Scoop out the dough using a 1-tablespoon scoop and roll the cookie dough into balls.
Place each ball in a mini muffin tin and push 1 kiss into each cookie, upside down. If you have a small pan, you may need to bake the cookies in 2 batches.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the tops of the edges are just firm enough to bounce back if you touch them. Allow to cool completely.
Just before serving, top each cookie cup with a small spray or dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle with tiny marshmallows and crushed candy canes, if desired. You can also break the candy canes in half and place it on the side of the cookie to make a peppermint straw.
- Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
- If cookies are already topped with whipped cream, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.