Vanilla Mug Cake
Easy Vanilla Mug Cake is moist, delicious, and made in the microwave. With a classic vanilla flavor and colorful sprinkles, this simple cake is ready from start to finish in just 5 minutes!
Servings: 1 mug
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2¼ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons milk any kind (I used 2%)
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (coconut or vegetable oil can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and sprinkles for serving (if desired)
In a 16-ounce microwavable mug or small bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Using a fork, whisk in milk, melted butter, and vanilla until batter is smooth and there are no lumps. If mixing in a small bowl, pour into a 12 ounce mug (or larger) to cook. Otherwise, you can cook cake right in the bowl.
Microwave cake for 60-90 seconds, or until cake rises and starts to pull away from the edges of mug and the center is almost firm, but still looks slightly shiny. Be sure to keep an eye on the cake as it cooks, as it might overflow if your mug isn't large enough.
Let cool in microwave for 1 minute, then remove and top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Vanilla Mug Cake above the recipe box.
- Adapted from my Chocolate Lava Mug Cake.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 773IU | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 2mg