Microwave Mug Omelet
Microwave Mug Omelet is an easy breakfast that's ready in just minutes. Healthier, packed with protein, and easy to customize, this simple recipe is perfect for busy mornings!
Servings: 1 mug
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons diced red or green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced ham
- 2 strips cooked bacon (chopped)
- Diced green onion, chives, cilantro
Lightly grease an 10-12 ounce microwave-safe mug with cooking spray.
Crack both eggs into mug, add milk and whisk to combine. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
Microwave, uncovered, on medium for 45 seconds, remove and stir. If using any other mix-ins (spinach, ham, peppers, etc.), add them to mug and stir to combine (adding them after eggs are partially set will help ingredients not sink to bottom of mug). Cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until eggs are set.
- Cooking times will vary based on your microwave power.
- Be sure to check the omelet when cooking, as you don't want eggs to overflow or overcook.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Microwave Mug Omelet above the recipe box.
Serving: 1mug | Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 380mg | Sodium: 910mg | Potassium: 333mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1472IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 2mg