Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oats
Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oats are a healthier breakfast that tastes just like cake. Made in the blender and ready in 30 minutes, this simple recipe is like having dessert for breakfast!
- 1 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- ½ cup milk (any kind)
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 6-ounce ramekins or an 8-ounce baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to the canister of a blender. Blend on medium to high speed until smooth and no lumps remain, about 30-45 seconds.
Stir 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips into oat batter. Pour into prepared ramekins or baking dish. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of oats comes out mostly clean. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if desired.
- Let oats cool to room temperature and then store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oats above the recipe box.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 292IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 3mg