Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
This Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese takes just minutes to prepare, contains two types of cheese, and is creamy, hearty, and delicious.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 16 ounces pound cavatappi shells
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk any kind (I used 2%)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
In a large pot, cook noodles in boil water until al dente, per packaged directions. Drain and set aside.
In a medium pot, melt butter. Then whisk in flour, salt, and pepper.
Slowly add milk and heavy cream, whisking until combined.
Heat mixture until it bubbles over medium heat.
Reduce heat to low and add in cheeses. Stir until melted.
Add pasta to cheese mixture and toss to combine.
Let macaroni and cheese sit for five minutes to thicken.