Black Bean Taco Quinoa Skillet
This Black Bean Taco Quinoa Skillet is an easy, one pan meal that the whole family will enjoy. Loaded with quinoa, black beans, veggies, and spices, this healthier dish is sure to be a dinnertime favorite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (16.2 ounce) package MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup salsa any kind
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro for garnish if desired
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
Add minced garlic, MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™, water, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, salsa, and corn to skillet. Stir and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
Add quinoa and water. Stir thoroughly. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed most of the liquid.
Top with shredded cheese, cover, and let stand until cheese has melted. Sprinkle cilantro over cheese, if desired.