Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
This Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup is the perfect kind of comfort food for cold, winter days. Loaded with cheese tortellini, herbs, and made in one pot, you can have this rich and flavorful soup ready in less than thirty minutes!
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ cups milk , any kind (I used 2%)
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
In a medium pot, combine the soup, tomato paste, chicken broth, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
Add butter and milk. Stir to combine. Add tortellini to soup and cook according to package directions.
Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- To make this a completely vegetarian tortellini soup, use veggie broth instead of chicken broth.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 1mg