Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread
This Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread is made with hints of garlic and topped with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and creamy mozzarella cheese!
Servings: 16 slices
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut in half
- 8 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder divided
- 24 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar glaze I found in the vinegar section of my grocery store
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bread on a large baking pan.
Drizzle each half with 4 tablespoons olive oil, followed by 2 tablespoons garlic powder. Top each half with Mozzarella cheese.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
Remove from oven and top each half with tomato slices, salt, pepper, and basil. Drizzle balsamic glaze over tops of bread. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 401mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 563IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 1mg