This Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread is made with hints of garlic and topped with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and creamy mozzarella cheese!
Today we’re talkin’ about fresh summer flavors.
Ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and creamy mozzarella cheese. Can you guess where I’m going with this?
One of my favorite dishes that forward to eating every summer are those filled with caprese flavors. The combination of tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella makes my heart skip a beat every single time. Throw in a balsamic drizzle and I’ll happily munch on this food all day long.
Although caprese salads and sandwiches are available year round, they just seem to taste better when the produce is ripe from the summer sun. A
nd that goes along with pretty much all fruits and veggies, right? Strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries are just ripe for the pickin’!
Which leads me to this Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread. Fresh bread, toasted with hints of garlic, is topped with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese. It makes for the perfect appetizer, side dish, or late night snack.
And if your a caprese lover like me, then this bread was made for you!
Not only is this Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread full of flavor, but it’s also brimming with pretty pops of color. The age-old saying, “you eat with your eyes” is definitely the case for me. However, the loaded flavor is even better!
The bread is lightly brushed with olive oil and garlic, and then piled with sweet tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
One bite of this crunchy bread and your tastebuds will have a party. This bread is just about the best kind that I’ve ever had. And I’m not just saying that because I made it, pinky swear!
And like most of my recipes, this Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread is so easy to whip up! Whether you’re making this as a side to go along with dinner or want to impress a hungry group, this bread is sure to do to just the trick!
So the next time you’re in the mood for those tasty caprese flavors, why not make this easy Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread? Guaranteed to be the life of the party, you will be making this all year long!
Looking for more caprese recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Toasted Caprese Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut in half
- 8 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder divided
- 24 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar glaze I found in the vinegar section of my grocery store
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bread on a large baking pan.
- Drizzle each half with 4 tablespoons olive oil, followed by 2 tablespoons garlic powder. Top each half with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
- Remove from oven and top each half with tomato slices, salt, pepper, and basil. Drizzle balsamic glaze over tops of bread. Cut into slices and serve immediately.