Creamy Pea Salad
Filled with crunchy peas, mozzarella cheese, red onion, and crumbled bacon, this Creamy Pea Salad will take your salad experience to a whole new level!
- 16 oz frozen peas
- 1/2 red onion , diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese , cubed
- 3 tablespoons crumbled bacon pieces (I used the store-bought bacon pieces for ease)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper , to taste
Pour frozen peas into a strainer and rinse with warm water. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
Add in red onion, cheese, and bacon pieces. Mix well. Add frozen peas to dressing, season with salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Salad will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Salad is very versatile depending on your tastes. Feel free to swap out mayonnaise with sour cream or Miracle Whip, add in tomatoes, black olives, etc.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 171.44kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.43g | Protein: 6.84g | Fat: 14.97g | Saturated Fat: 4.37g | Cholesterol: 25.09mg | Sodium: 339.58mg | Potassium: 30.71mg | Fiber: 0.23g | Sugar: 1.46g | Vitamin A: 94.64IU | Vitamin C: 1.02mg | Calcium: 87.02mg | Iron: 0.06mg