Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushrooms
Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushrooms is an easy, one pan dish that's ready in just 30 minutes. Fast, flavorful, and a dinnertime favorite!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breasts*)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil until melted.
Season chicken on both sides with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook on both sides until browned and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes. You want the chicken to reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Once chicken is cooked through, remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Wipe skillet, if needed, and add more butter. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste, and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined and then simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Add chicken back to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes, if desired.
- *If using chicken breasts, slice horizontally or pound thin so cooking time is decreased.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Chicken above the recipe box
Serving: 1g | Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 903mg | Potassium: 728mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1202IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 2mg