Baked Caprese Chicken
Baked Caprese Chicken is simple, flavorful, and ready in just 30 minutes. Chicken is topped with zesty seasonings, fresh mozzarella, and juicy tomatoes. Garnish with a balsamic glaze and fresh basil for a deliciously easy meal!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced breasts, tenderloins, or thighs work, too, but cooking times will vary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces, or more if you like extra cheese)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes sliced
- Fresh basil leaves chopped
- Balsamic glaze for garnish I used a store-bought glaze
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
Place chicken onto prepared pan in an even layer and lightly brush with olive oil. Then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into center of chicken reads 165°F. Remove from oven and place one slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast, followed by one (or two) slices of tomato. Return to oven and cook until cheese is melty, about 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil leave and balsamic glaze.
- Chicken will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Baked Caprese Chicken above the recipe box.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 755IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 1mg