Homemade Breakfast Hot Pocket
Homemade Breakfast Hot Pockets are fast, easy and perfect for busy mornings. Fluffy scrambled eggs, crisp bacon and cheddar cheese are wrapped in flaky puff pastry and baked until golden. Freezer-friendly and easy to grab 'n go!
Servings: 8 pockets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk any kind
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box (17.3 ounce) frozen puff pastry thawed
- 5 strips cooked bacon chopped
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- Garlic powder for topping if desired
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking pans with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into buttered skillet and cook until scrambled. Set aside.
Line your counter with a sheet of parchment paper; or lightly flour counter or other flat surface so puff pastry doesn't stick. Gently unroll both sheets of puff pastry and cut both rectangles into four squares (so you end up with 8 squares total).
Evenly distribute scrambled eggs onto the bottom half of each sqaure, followed by chopped bacon, and shredded cheese. Fold the top part of each square over the filling and press down with a fork to crimp the edges shut. Lightly pierce the top of each pocket with a fork to let steam escape. Set aside.
In a small bowl, add egg and water. Gently whisk to combine. Brush tops of pockets with egg wash. Sprinkle garlic powder on top for extra flavor, if desired. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until pockets are golden brown.
- To freeze, let pockets cool to room temperature and then store in a freezer-safe container or ziploc bag for up to three months. When ready to serve, let thaw in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Breakfast Hot Pockets above the recipe box.
Serving: 1pocket | Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 159IU | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg